• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

From the article:
    • The FBI secretly provided forms to Americans between 2016 and 2019 to “voluntarily” relinquish their rights to own, buy or even use firearms, according to internal documents and communications.
    • The signed forms, which were unearthed by the firearms rights group Gun Owners of America (GOA), raise serious legal questions, lawyers say.
    • “We’re into a pre-crime, Minority Report type of world where the FBI believes it can take constitutional rights away from anyone it thinks possibly might pose a threat in the future,” said Robert Olson, outside counsel for GOA.
    What's unclear from the article, is that these people may have actually made threats. But this is the FBI, so who knows? Maybe they just heckled Joe at a campaign event.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I wonder if the forms complied with the Paperwork Reduction Act and we’re posted for public notice and comment. I didn’t see an OMB approval number on that form.

Sounds like someone should raise that issue.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I wonder if the forms complied with the Paperwork Reduction Act and we’re posted for public notice and comment. I didn’t see an OMB approval number on that form.

Sounds like someone should raise that issue.
    Good point, or to add, the Privacy Act.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Oversight request killed in committee by the Democrats before leaving power.

If someone forfeits their 2A rights, they should forfeit their voting rights too!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Never ever EVER sign something without your attorney reviewing it.

Especially if one reads the header.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Secret Service and ICE, two agencies under the Department of Homeland Security, have also quietly used these same forms, emails show.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I was never given any of these forms, so why am I being left out? I feel so marginalized. I want to have them give me one of these forms so I can write FU all over it.
    Hmm, 2016-1029, was when Trump was in office, so it seems this was how the swamp creatures undermined the US Constitution and the President. If Hilary had won the election, the FBI wouldn't have to do this in secret.

lazybones

BANNED!!!
    Mar 25, 2022
    Not sure what the issue is. We don't know who they put these in front of. There are plenty of very unstable people that shouldn't own a firearm. Sit in on domestic violence and protective order court cases. We have people threatening schools and their places of work. It wouldn't bother me at all if those people gave up their right to a firearm. It is more disturbing that some people think everyone is capable or safe to own firearms even when they have shown violence in the past.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Not sure what the issue is. We don't know who they put these in front of. There are plenty of very unstable people that shouldn't own a firearm. Sit in on domestic violence and protective order court cases. We have people threatening schools and their places of work. It wouldn't bother me at all if those people gave up their right to a firearm. It is more disturbing that some people think everyone is capable or safe to own firearms even when they have shown violence in the past.
    If people on the street are a threat to public safety then they should either be incarcerated or institutionalized.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    What makes you think these maggots, if barred from owning a gun, won't carry one anyway?

See Baltimore.

If you're free to walk the streets, you're free to own (and carry) a gun.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    newly obtained documents and emails shed light on how the bureau apparently received a helping hand from medical facilities to waive gun rights from at least five people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom