The Eighty Dollar AK (It's not made of a shovel)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    I have a similar WASR single stack and am planning to convert to double stack.
    My unerstanding is that you have to then comply with USC 922 (R) with regard to US content ("compliance"). This can be done by substituting a 3-piece Tapco trigger package and a US made magazine (Tapco plastic) which counts as three parts. Another cheap and easy option is use of a Tapco 3 piece polymer stock set. Let us know how it turns out.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    That and they went to an ffl so its 110% legit

What does this has to do with anything?

All this does is prove the buyer is not a prohibited person.

Has nothing to do with the how the weapon was used previously which my post jokingly decided was to kill someone.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Buyer's personal info isnt usually recorded in the bound book (varies of course, I'm speaking in general tendency)...sn on the 4473 is a way to cross reference from name and sn in bound book to address if something comes up regarding the gun. But no check is done by the ffl as none is required. OP you may want to have the cops check (be anonymous and don't volunteer anything you dont have to) and make sure the sn wasnt reported stolen just for sanity.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Dont they give the serial number when doing the check?

That doesn't happen but if it did it would only prove the firearm isn't stolen....that would have no bearing if it was used illegally to harm someone...which again was my joke to begin with.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Now see, if VA had that spent casing law, there'd be no worries about the gun having bodies on it... :sarcasm:

For $80 though, that's a helluva deal.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Buyer's personal info isnt usually recorded in the bound book (varies of course, I'm speaking in general tendency)...sn on the 4473 is a way to cross reference from name and sn in bound book to address if something comes up regarding the gun. But no check is done by the ffl as none is required. OP you may want to have the cops check (be anonymous and don't volunteer anything you dont have to) and make sure the sn wasnt reported stolen just for sanity.

Yep, it might very well have been stolen. It would suck to get stopped with it and have law enforcement run the s/n and it comes back stolen. Better to get it figured out now than later.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Wow so md sucks as far as that goes... Nothing that says the weapon may have an issue. In msp's many top secret different databases.

Check this out:

http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/item/displayGunSearch.a

I know it doesnt help you all out but it would be nice to have something similar up there i think. A retired LEO showed me that site. He said any issue a firearm may have would pop up there. It only gives info if a firearm has an issue(used in crime/stolen) Kinda nice to know, i felt better when buying my m9.

Just goes to show how MD isnt truely in it for the safety of its citizens. Something like that is simple and a useful tool, but its more important to limit your citizens rights instead.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    update

I finally got around to roughing out the magwell. No mag wobble, just need to smooth out the opening and clean it up some. Also fixed the rear sight block, it was canted just a little bit, but enough to bother me

Next step will be add the bayonet lug (may weld one up or just use a spare akm gas block I have), thread the muzzle, add a new fcg and then address the furniture.

Attachments

• IMG_20130909_190949_169.jpg
      IMG_20130909_190949_169.jpg
      41.2 KB · Views: 61
    • IMG_20130909_191211_491.jpg
      IMG_20130909_191211_491.jpg
      42.6 KB · Views: 57
    • IMG_20130909_191223_162.jpg
      IMG_20130909_191223_162.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts