e76b73619fc2d769ff91a97191a1a54b.jpg

40f488a4d1268ca5c0aa8252db8ca6de.jpg

7520574637f6d2099dc8765a28be5fb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Recently picked this little beauty up. It's a Seiko "mod" watch. The old Seiko automatic divers have a pretty big cult following as they run forever and you can do a lot with them for far less than Swiss automatic would cost. This was an old 7002 Diver, which they don't make anymore cleaned up with a new dial, hands, and bezel. A shop out in California did this one. I added the NATO strap after it came in.

This thread inspired my watch purchase. My MIL gave $100 towards a new watch for my 50th. After reading this whole thread. I ended up with a complete refurb 7040. This was also done by an outfit in California.

I am thinking of replacing the rubber strap with a bracelet. Any suggestions? Or should I just go Seiko.

Attachments

• 20160131_114324.jpg
      20160131_114324.jpg
      43.1 KB · Views: 463

imtan8

Jun 9, 2014
    Virginia
    Hamilton Khaki Aviation Pilot Auto been my everyday for 2 years now.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean on special occasion

Attachments

• img56762238.jpg
      img56762238.jpg
      44.9 KB · Views: 472
    • FullSizeRender (1).jpg
      FullSizeRender (1).jpg
      85.9 KB · Views: 540

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    This thread inspired my watch purchase. My MIL gave $100 towards a new watch for my 50th. After reading this whole thread. I ended up with a complete refurb 7040. This was also done by an outfit in California.

I am thinking of replacing the rubber strap with a bracelet. Any suggestions? Or should I just go Seiko.

Nice, congratulations. Seiko bands vary, some are good some not so much.
    Sorry I couldn't be more help m hopefully someone can come along and be more specific but just mentioning it in case you're considering buying one online, sight unseen.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

I'd like to see either a nato style or smooth rubber braclet. Prefer a cloth though.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I have a nato band on my Swiss Army. Looking for something different. I'll take a look at smooth rubber though. Had not even considered that.

Thanks
    Might be something that would look good with a classic jubilee or something along those lines too.

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    Just picked up a Hamilton Khaki Field and got a NATO strap to use with it - will be the first watch I've worn in years. It's getting delivered tomorrow. Debating using some tax return cash on an Omega Seamaster, but right now would rather stock ammo and the savings account. Maybe next year.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Just picked up a Hamilton Khaki Field and got a NATO strap to use with it - will be the first watch I've worn in years. It's getting delivered tomorrow. Debating using some tax return cash on an Omega Seamaster, but right now would rather stock ammo and the savings account. Maybe next year.
    Definitely the Seamaster! Pick the ammo up a little at a time. That watch will last generations.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I love watches and here are mines

Nice tickers you've got there.:thumbsup:

But i like pistols more.. ;)

I guess sidearms have their purposes, but, as long as no one's attacking me, I tend to prefer watches myself. They cost less to run, don't get your hands dirty, don't require a permit to be carried discreetly, generally don't scare lefty loons or soccer moms (and their hysterical "male" counterparts) and're inherently silent.:innocent0

Attachments

• hangingrolex800.jpg
      hangingrolex800.jpg
      80 KB · Views: 317

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Me likey Fred's watches. Is that an Air King on the end on the right?

Close. Turn-O-Graph (model 6202), which was the precursor of the Submariner. It was the first with a rotating bezel (intended for timing long distance telephone calls...back in the days when Bell Telephone charged by the second).

Attachments

• IMG_0200+2__-2_tonemapped_glam.jpg
      IMG_0200+2__-2_tonemapped_glam.jpg
      42.6 KB · Views: 605

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads