• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    My son is graduating high school. I never thought I’d be the kind of Dad to spoil my kids, as I was made to work hard for most of my wants. For those who don’t know, my son was born early and had a rocky start. He fits the Aspergers diagnostic criteria (before they got rid of it). He’s brilliant, but has been plagued by ADD, OCD, anxiety, and Tourette’s, making his adolescent years very tough on all of us. He is a very moral man, and is of unwavering character. He wants to be a neuropsychopharmacologist, finding treatments for anxiety and depression to help folks like him. He is fascinated by mechanical watches. I got him this. Got a great price. The band is not an original Rolex, but that can be fixed. Sorry for the back story.

You’re an awesome pops!

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    What a great choice. That’s something he’ll have forever - and think of you every time he puts it on, takes it off or looks at it.

Perfect gift from a great dad.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    My son is graduating high school. I never thought I’d be the kind of Dad to spoil my kids, as I was made to work hard for most of my wants. For those who don’t know, my son was born early and had a rocky start. He fits the Aspergers diagnostic criteria (before they got rid of it). He’s brilliant, but has been plagued by ADD, OCD, anxiety, and Tourette’s, making his adolescent years very tough on all of us. He is a very moral man, and is of unwavering character. He wants to be a neuropsychopharmacologist, finding treatments for anxiety and depression to help folks like him. He is fascinated by mechanical watches. I got him this. Got a great price. The band is not an original Rolex, but that can be fixed. Sorry for the back story.

Great story, kudos to your son for the path he is choosing.
    That watch is a wonderful gift to your son, he sounds like a fine young man.
    P.S. I LOVE the blue dial. I have a thing for blue dial watches.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC

As the father of an Aspie and one myself, I am certain he will treasure not only the watch, but what it means to both of you.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    As the father of an Aspie and one myself, I am certain he will treasure not only the watch, but what it means to both of you.

:thumbsup:

You know what it means when they REALLY are fascinated by something. He's gonna go bananas. It's going to be great.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    :thumbsup:

You know what it means when they REALLY are fascinated by something. He's gonna go bananas. It's going to be great.

As long as he doesn’t want to take it apart to see how it works! Just kidding. That’s why I love watches where you can see the movement.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    As long as he doesn’t want to take it apart to see how it works! Just kidding. That’s why I love watches where you can see the movement.

He’s memorized every part, so he’s probably good. It’s probably worth mentioning, though.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Nice DateJust, but I admire the manner of your love toward your son better.

By the way, what is the model number and year is this watch? I like that blue dial.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You are a better dad than I. Congratulations on creating a wonderful memory.

Our youngest son has different strengths and would quickly lose his watch!

One of the good things about OCD...you don’t lose things and you are excellent at range safety. Material things don’t make one a great dad. It’s about being there for them and talking to them. I’m sure you do great.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Nice DateJust, but I admire the manner of your love toward your son better.

By the way, what is the model number and year is this watch? I like that blue dial.

Thank you, sir. The biggest challenge has been fighting to get people to understand how he ticks (excuse the pun). Several teachers along the way got pretty close to getting throat punched. References to the Americans With Disabilities Act have also been made several times. Allegations about cheating have been made because he just plain memorized a ton of info they didn’t believe he could memorize.

Ref 1601. Not sure of the year.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Thank you, sir. The biggest challenge has been fighting to get people to understand how he ticks (excuse the pun). Several teachers along the way got pretty close to getting throat punched. References to the Americans With Disabilities Act have also been made several times. Allegations about cheating have been made because he just plain memorized a ton of info they didn’t believe he could memorize.

Ref 1601. Not sure of the year.

:) My son is also diagnosed with ADHD. HE went to all these treatment sessions for so long, I mean years of training, counseling, medication and all. He one day just quit all these and just accepted his situation. He is already in his late twenties, finished college in 6 years, but we did not pushed him. He turned out better than most parent can expect. I remembered he too was suspected of cheating, cuz he can arrive in a correct answer, but lack of process. We told the teacher that he is in Kumon, the teacher did not agree to it. He has to show the process or it will be corrected.

Anyway, that is a very nice watch. This model was made between mid 60s to mid 80s and should have the lug holes. The Datejust lost the lug holes and hence the change of the re# after 1987 I think. Jubilee SS bracelet and date numeric style is also correct. Anyway, that only show how I love these watches. Congrats

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Nice old Fortis I picked up for a song. Still runs well and was obviously well cared for, still has the mirror finish on the back of the casing.

Attachments

• 0516201423b~2.jpg
      0516201423b~2.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 321
    • 0516201424b~2.jpg
      0516201424b~2.jpg
      45.3 KB · Views: 303

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member