• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Okay, a couple of questions instead of pictures - sorry:

I have now twice dropped my watch on hardwood floor. It has a display window case back.
    Both times the window popped out.
    The first time, I hand pressed the window back in. It stayed for many years.

This second time, I again hand pressed the window back in. Was I lucky the first time that it stayed in so long?

It is a Zenith El Primero Chronomaster - are there any solid case backs made for the watch?

Edit: Model #02.0240.410/01

TIA

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Okay, a couple of questions instead of pictures - sorry:

I have now twice dropped my watch on hardwood floor. It has a display window case back.
    Both times the window popped out.
    The first time, I hand pressed the window back in. It stayed for many years.

This second time, I again hand pressed the window back in. Was I lucky the first time that it stayed in so long?

It is a Zenith El Primero Chronomaster - are there any solid case backs made for the watch?

TIA

Call Rob Moren @ Moren watch repair, he should be able to help you out
    (301) 588-5549

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Call Rob Moren @ Moren watch repair, he should be able to help you out
    (301) 588-5549

I will do that - however, last time I did, I didn't see my watch for 1 1/2 years...

Thanks. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue with display casebacks - the window popping out, not the clumsiness...

UPDATE: Mr. Moren examined the watch. He said it has a fiber gasket that acts as a shim in keeping the window in place. When dropped, the window may pop out. As long as the window is seated flatly and not at an angle, it should be good to go.

Needless to say, this watch will not be getting anywhere near water...

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I will do that - however, last time I did, I didn't see my watch for 1 1/2 years...

Thanks. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue with display casebacks - the window popping out, not the clumsiness...

UPDATE: Mr. Moren examined the watch. He said it has a fiber gasket that acts as a shim in keeping the window in place. When dropped, the window may pop out. As long as the window is seated flatly and not at an angle, it should be good to go.

Needless to say, this watch will not be getting anywhere near water...

Please tell me they (Moren) didn’t keep a watch for 1 1/2 years....
    They’ve always treated me well, I’ve been going there for about 8-9 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This is my latest acquisition. Bulova Sutton chronograph.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      65.7 KB · Views: 395

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My wife and I only exchange gifts once a year, maybe once every other year. It tends to be fairly expensive when we do, but we'd both rather buy the other one some large, more expensive item infrequently than a bunch of smaller stuff at regular intervals. It works for us.

This year she surprised me near my birthday with a Casio GWG-1000-1A3. I think they call it the Mudmaster. It may actually have bells and whistles. Like all of my G-Shocks, it has their "tough solar" and atomic clock timekeeping. It's the largest, most expensive watch I'll probably ever own and frankly I REALLY like it. I realize that it's quite different than the incredible chrongraphs and dress watches that fill this thread, but it's definitely more my style.

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-08-24-14-33-33.jpg
      Capture+_2019-08-24-14-33-33.jpg
      67 KB · Views: 326
    • Capture+_2019-08-24-14-33-10.jpg
      Capture+_2019-08-24-14-33-10.jpg
      33.6 KB · Views: 338
    Last edited:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Well, guys....it seems as if I have developed a Seiko problem.

71906746_10162235321540585_4036641553064656896_n.jpg
    What problem? I see no problem there.

On a side note, are you a member of the Facebook group "Affordable Watches / Diver's and Others (AWDO)"? There's a lot of love for Seiko there, and I've learned about all kinds of micro brands I never knew existed.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    What problem? I see no problem there.

On a side note, are you a member of the Facebook group "Affordable Watches / Diver's and Others (AWDO)"? There's a lot of love for Seiko there, and I've learned about all kinds of micro brands I never knew existed.

I'm not a member of that one...yet.....a few others, though.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    My wife and I only exchange gifts once a year, maybe once every other year. It tends to be fairly expensive when we do, but we'd both rather buy the other one some large, more expensive item infrequently than a bunch of smaller stuff at regular intervals. It works for us.

This year she surprised me near my birthday with a Casio GWG-1000-1A3. I think they call it the Mudmaster. It may actually have bells and whistles. Like all of my G-Shocks, it has their "tough solar" and atomic clock timekeeping. It's the largest, most expensive watch I'll probably ever own and frankly I REALLY like it. I realize that it's quite different than the incredible chrongraphs and dress watches that fill this thread, but it's definitely more my style.

Good looking GShock. I was wearing my Rangeman at work but found it a little too bulky and have switched out to my Nixon Regulus. Love the GShocks though.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Good looking GShock. I was wearing my Rangeman at work but found it a little too bulky and have switched out to my Nixon Regulus. Love the GShocks though.

I've never seen the Regulus before but that's a really good looking watch. The Mudmaster is fine for work since I'm usually at a desk. On range/ field days I usually swap out for one of my older, smaller GShocks that will fit under a sleeve cuff better.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    picked these up recently

Picked these up recently:

first one is an NTH DevilRay DeepSix Limited Edition 1 of 25 with a Gunny Straps stingray skin strap. STP 1-11 movement

Second is a Steinhart Ocean One Black DLC Mother of Pearl on a Crown and Buckle ultimate nato. (sadly the picture doesn't do the mother of Pearl face justice). ETA2824-2 movement

(sorry about the dust/artifact in the pics)

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_173639.jpg
      IMG_20191003_173639.jpg
      64.7 KB · Views: 362
    • IMG_20191003_173553.jpg
      IMG_20191003_173553.jpg
      64.8 KB · Views: 370

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Just got this back after an overhaul. Was at the watchmaker for about 12 weeks. Running as good as new now. The short version of its history is it was purchased in a PX in Vietnam by someone in the service (could not find out which branch), was worn during his time there, came home with him and eventually given to his son and eventually picked up by a watch dealer in Raleigh, where I got it from. The strap is not original, but off a watch I already had. It came on a stainless steel Bulova bracelet that was not original to the watch, but had the original owner's initials on the buckle. I have the bracelet in my watch box as it doesn't fit me as I would like it to.

It's a 1968 Bulova Snorkel H, commonly known as a "Devil Diver" because of being waterproof to 666 feet and being noted as such on the dial. The "tropical" patina on the dial is all original and the lume is a nice creamy color. It does still glow a bit, but fades shortly after.

75540293_10162354312855585_1124006689553514496_n.jpg

75233822_10162354312905585_2208299465788358656_n.jpg

74426728_10162354313065585_8429183913254977536_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom