• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    The echelon , looks to be promising Got an email about it today it has some pretty cool features it looks like. I'm gonna have to start saving some pennies for it maybe. Depends how long it takes to make the "approved" list
    echelon-alt-feature-1600x1200-4-1024x768.png

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Made by the same folks who make the Xd. I really hated the Xd. I hope this pistol is better but it's expensive for a striker fired plastic gun.

blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    What's so new and promising about it?
    I'm interested in the optic mounting system says it is configurable to mount 30 optics without need for dedicated plates . And the chassis make it modular for other grip frames.I have a couple of they're other offerings and they haven't given me any issues to speak of.

Just figured I would share, I'm just glad to see manufacturers trying to make new products

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    EVERYBODY is on it...Springfield seems to have sent several dozen samples out to GunTubers.

blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    Yeah I seen it's got a lot of attention on you tube, there's even a couple reviews where they don't have the fancy freeby box.
    I'm definitely considering getting one myself. I'm loving my Hellcat Pro and dare I say that my XDM has been alright to me to. I only got about 5 K rounds through it and it's no worse for wear.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Springfield has a very well-oiled marketing machine. I'm not going to buy into much of what I see until it hits public release. The core premise does look promising, but they are coming to this part of the market pretty late in the game.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Seems like a promising piece, but nothing I'm interested in. It's another good tool for those who want a practical firearm.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Already had a few calls about it - had to tell them, "probably won't see it available for at least 45 to 90 days".

I hate the hype train BS. Wish the manufacturers would stop doing that practice, but understand why they do it.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Sig 320 and Glock copulated. Evolution.
    If it were in the market for such a pistol, that could be the one.
    If I didn't own a Glock that could be the pistol.
    The optics cut and adaptability without plates is a plus.
    Another choice on the market.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    The XDm was my second handgun and my first semi auto handgun. I discovered it had a poor image and moved into the CZ’s and I became a rabid CZ fan boy.

And then there was the thumb operation and having a mag release that was ambidextrous that I could release with my middle finger became very important. I have 3 XDs carry guns and use my XDm for my competition pistol, (IDPA). I am going to be all over this new Echelon.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Well I stand corrected, we're going to be getting two soon - distributor just called and offered us them up.

1 - with tritium sights
    1 - with u-notch rear seat

Last edited:

blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    Hey that's pretty cool,Do they still have to go through the whole approval process nonsense in MD ? I'm not sure,how that all works. any of the other handguns I purchased in the past couple years have been already around long enough to be on the shelves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom