• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Something just occured to me Fabs...wouldn't it be nice if we all had time to obsess about one legislator the way someone else does?

Me? I've got a show to prep for, a job to find, a house to clean and a daughter to raise...Oh, and some time at the range would be lovely too :party29::party29:

Yep, you definitely do not get it. dblas summed it up pretty good. Just getting another person in office that will vote pro 2nd Amendment is not the same thing as somebody that will vote for it AND fight for it. Hell, we are all for the 2nd Amendment on this forum (trolls excluded), but some don't vote based on the 2nd Amendment stance of candidates and some don't fight as hard as others.

If you think that whoever replaces Mike will be just as good for the 2nd Amendment as Mike because he will also vote pro 2nd Amendment, than as I already said, you are oblivious, oblivious to what Mike has done for the 2nd Amendment and oblivious to how politics works.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    This crap again. Let's get the facts straight.

No one told you to be quiet little timid deer.

The message was to not act like ****ing idiots, coming in dressed up like rednecks from east bumble**** with confederate flags on and ranting and raving non-sensical dribble.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Not hard to understand at all.....but at the end of the day the result was the same...SB281 passed with no problems....

I believe that 5000 people standing outside the state house carrying long rifles makes much more of a statement to our representatives than 5000 standing in line with nothing more than letters for their reps and 3 minute speeches....or 50,000 walking around with empty holsters......

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I believe that 5000 people standing outside the state house carrying long rifles makes much more of a statement to our representatives than 5000 standing in line with nothing more than letters for their reps and 3 minute speeches....or 50,000 walking around with empty holsters......

But of the three instances you mention, the one you would like to do is not legal in our wonderful state. To maintain credibility, we have to stay compliant with the law and use every option that we have legally. We are doing that, just not getting the results that we would like.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Not hard to understand at all.....but at the end of the day the result was the same...SB281 passed with no problems....

I am SHOCKED. For a diehard, obey all the laws kind of guy and throw the book at the law breakers that you are, I am SHOCKED that you would suggest that we should break the law and have firearms at a gathering/assembly, which is pretty clearly against the law. From the posts of yours that I have read, you are really a straight shooter, obey all laws, kind of guy. Again, I am SHOCKED.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I am SHOCKED. For a diehard, obey all the laws kind of guy and throw the book at the law breakers that you are, I am SHOCKED that you would suggest that we should break the law and have firearms at a gathering/assembly, which is pretty clearly against the law. From the posts of yours that I have read, you are really a straight shooter, obey all laws, kind of guy. Again, I am SHOCKED.

It is ironic isn't it.....on one hand I am a staunch advocate of law and order but on the other hand I am one of the few here old enough to remember what it takes to exact change in our society....we haven't seen what it takes since the 1960's with people rioting in the streets and college campuses for civil rights, the end of the draft, giving 18 year old's the right to vote and protesting the Vietnam war....it's pure folly to think you will ever get your gun rights back by standing quietly in line to give essentially the same 2 minute speech given by 2000 other folks..............

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The fight does NOT need to be quieter, it just will be quieter without Mike there. If nothing else, the fight needs to be louder and stronger, but I have no idea how the heck that is going to happen until they come knocking door to door to collect firearms and it might not even happen then with the sheep that are left here.

Yes it does. We lack the strength. Op force knows it. Non sheep will pull out long before then. We either build strength quietly or we fail. If I am right about what happened ( and its just my gut) quiet is all that's left.

Anyway I did my part... others need to step up...and all over MD or it is done.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009

I do want to point out one thing on this...the original version of 281 was EPIC-LY worse (is that even a word, lol) and thanks to all of you, the efforts of Delegate Mike Smigiel, Senator EJ Pipkin, the NRA, MSI, MSRPA and craptons of individuals we made it different. I still hate it but OMG, it would have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse. Please, do not underestimate the impact of a thousand voices lifted as one. It's easy to sit and complain about what we have NOW but still easier to forget what COULD have been.

We all did effect some solid change and think about allllll of the people-legislators and citizens alike who we educated along the way. We didn't get what we wanted (dead bill) but we did effect real change. Please do not go quietly into that good night, y'all!

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    It is ironic isn't it.....on one hand I am a staunch advocate of law and order but on the other hand I am one of the few here old enough to remember what it takes to exact change in our society....we haven't seen what it takes since the 1960's with people rioting in the streets and college campuses for civil rights, the end of the draft, giving 18 year old's the right to vote and protesting the Vietnam war....it's pure folly to think you will ever get your gun rights back by standing quietly in line to give essentially the same 2 minute speech given by 2000 other folks..............

Kent state. Chicago Democratic convention.

Show up Armed -- see what happens.

Last edited:

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Kent state. Chicago Democratic convention.

Show up Armed -- see that happens.

There were 4 student protesters at Kent State that wish they had showed up armed...........at least they might have had a chance.........

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    There were 4 student protesters at Kent State that wish they had showed up armed...........at least they might have had a chance.........

Really? Many never even saw who fired at them. But no matter... it was undirected fire in response to a perceived threat. Now try that with a real threat. The public outcry that resulted was because they were unarmed. Think on that.

Meanwhile we are being baited. I am not taking the bait.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Really? Many never even saw who fired at them. But no matter... it was undirected fire in response to a perceived threat. Now try that with a real threat. The public outcry that resulted was because they were unarmed. Think on that.

Meanwhile we are being baited. I am not taking the bait.

Do you believe I am baiting you....not my intention...just stating what I believe it will take to get the attention of "our" employees in Annapolis...standing in line like children at Disney World waiting to get on the It's A Small World ride is not the answer in this state....maybe some other states...but we passed that bend in the road a long time ago.......

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    My major requirements:

1) 3 hours from the beach
    2) good waterfowl hunting
    3) accessible airport
    4) lower taxes
    5) job opportunities
    6) cheaper cost of living.

New Hampshire!

1. I'm 45 minutes from the coast.
    2. Ever hunt Eiders off the coast? It's a blast. Dabbling ducks in the Connecticut River to the west.
    3. Manchester is 45 minutes north, Logan is an hour south.
    4. No income tax, no sales tax.
    5. I live in southern NH and work outside of Boston. Lots of opportunities, no matter your profession. Locally, the Budweiser brewery and Sig Sauer.
    6. You can get a relatively nice 3 bed/3 bath on a few acres for <$200K.

We love it, here. My local gun range (7 miles from my house) is putting in a new 600 yard range. I shoot in my back yard. Shooter's Outpost (~1/2 hour north of me) is a two story gun shop; one of the nicest and most well stocked I've ever been in. Lobsters, dirt cheap. I'm about 45 minutes from Kittery Trading Post. CCW is a half-page form and $10; no fingerprints, no training requirement. My wife had her CCW before she had her driver's license. The only place you can't CCW is a courthouse, and the courthouse has to provide storage for your gun while you are there.

Spring it's 60's/70's, Summer it's 70's/80's, and Fall it's high 50's/mid 60's. Winter is, well, cold. And snowy. But at least I don't get that BS slushy stuff or freezing rain.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    Perhaps the next session we should take a little different tact. Rather than a nice peaceful demonstration on Lawers Mall, we should stage a sit in at the front door to the House of Delegates Office Building on the first day of the new session and prevent the passage of anyone into the building. Perhaps a divide and conquer concept and also block the Senate building since there is a tunnel between the buildings. If we disrupt the process we may get more notice. Yes, we may get a disorderly conduct or trespass charge, but it may be more effective.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Do you believe I am baiting you....not my intention...just stating what I believe it will take to get the attention of "our" employees in Annapolis...standing in line like children at Disney World waiting to get on the It's A Small World ride is not the answer in this state....maybe some other states...but we passed that bend in the road a long time ago.......

No I think the antis are baiting us. But they are not our employees. They work for the entire state. We can only win by reaching Marylanders.... its actually working but its a 5-10 year project.

Cannot wait...? Go for the Storm the castle idea. Go for broke win or lose in one toss.... .But if I goes bad .. got a backup plan..

Think NRA SAF or anyone with a federal job let alone a security clearance can be anywhere near this?

What about Leo support.... think that might go away.

I am not storming any castle. I know how long this kind of thing takes.... I know that we are getting stronger while they are geting weaker... and they need us to do something stupid so they can exploit it.

Its out of my hands if it happens... but if it does we hand them the rope to hang us. Either way do what you must do. The national fight awaits...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Perhaps the next session we should take a little different tact. Rather than a nice peaceful demonstration on Lawers Mall, we should stage a sit in at the front door to the House of Delegates Office Building on the first day of the new session and prevent the passage of anyone into the building. Perhaps a divide and conquer concept and also block the Senate building since there is a tunnel between the buildings. If we disrupt the process we may get more notice. Yes, we may get a disorderly conduct or trespass charge, but it may be more effective.

That would cost me my job most likely, but then I could leave Md. Assuming I can get a job anywhere else.

Its that simple. The left has nothing to lose. We do.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Then step up and lead by example, and stop talking about it. My and other positions at MSI are up for election this year, feel free to run for one of them and actually lead as opposed to typing.

I will gladly step aside and relinquish my post for anyone else, that wants it, that thinks they can do a better, more productive job for the masses.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Not a bad idea, but consider, the House office building has 7 walk up entrances that anyone with a badge can use, plus the underground parking. The Senate office building has 6 walk up entrances for pass holders and the underground parking.

Not knocking the idea, but that is a whole lot of area to cover.

If you want to coordinate the event, then feel free, if you would like MSI support, send a proposal to the BOD for their review and be prepared to present you idea in person and answer questions from the BOD/Executive Officers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom