• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    It will take either a Stalin or a Hitler in the White House before people wake up and think twice about their laziness.

Even that isn't enough. Their creature comforts have to disappear. It's easy to cocoon yourself when you have a constant supply of electricity and running water, 900+ cable channels, streaming video, a variety of tasty and fattening foods to choose from and cold beer in the refrigerator.

I'm convinced that our material success is a major factor in why we are far more apathetic and far less free on the balance today than in the past. It used to be that there weren't as many distractions as there are today. Getting involved was what you did to pass the time and make life bearable. Now you can anesthetize yourself all day with a hundred different forms of entertainment never truly realizing how much worse the world has gotten with the passage of time.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Almost right, IMO...

Still play 'within the rules', but in ways that are so technically precise that cannot be challenged when they appear to go against the orthodoxy.

As long as our side continues to take the high road like that, the more rights we will lose until our options decrease to either give up or move to the fourth box. I don't want the fourth box. It would be better to play dirty politics and then lie, distract, and obfuscate when exposed. Learn from the guy in the white house.

truknbear

Right to arm Bears
    Feb 21, 2013
    HarCo

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Even that isn't enough. Their creature comforts have to disappear. It's easy to cocoon yourself when you have a constant supply of electricity and running water, 900+ cable channels, streaming video, a variety of tasty and fattening foods to choose from and cold beer in the refrigerator.

I'm convinced that our material success is a major factor in why we are far more apathetic and far less free on the balance today than in the past. It used to be that there weren't as many distractions as there are today. Getting involved was what you did to pass the time and make life bearable. Now you can anesthetize yourself all day with a hundred different forms of entertainment never truly realizing how much worse the world has gotten with the passage of time.

+1. I've always said pro sports, while reasonable in themselves, has provided a major distraction from reality. People spend exponentially more time on fanasty football then in evaluating for whom they are voting.

In other words, without professional sports, this country would implode.

Bread and circuses.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Almost right, IMO...

Still play 'within the rules', but in ways that are so technically precise that cannot be challenged when they appear to go against the orthodoxy.

We have to think outside the box. I booked a room at LaQuinta and a Holiday Inn Express.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It will take either a Stalin or a Hitler in the White House before people wake up and think twice about their laziness.

Then again, they will have been conditioned by then to be accepting of it.

I really H8 the disengaged too.

When the country is no longer what it was founded as, I will write "I Told You So" on the roof of my home.

It might take people more than Stalin or Hitler to wake up and think twice.

Stalin ruled for 30 years, ended only by his natural passing, and even recently he has been rehabilitated among Soviet, uh, er, Russian society:

"Results of a controversial poll taken in 2006 stated that over 35% of Russians would vote for Stalin if he were still alive.[313][314] Fewer than a third of all Russians regarded Stalin as a "murderous tyrant";[8] however, a Russian court in 2009, ruling on a suit by Stalin's grandson, Yevgeny Dzhugashvili, against the newspaper, Novaya Gazeta, ruled that referring to Stalin as a "bloodthirsty cannibal" was not libel.[315] In a July 2007 poll, 54% of the Russian youth agreed that Stalin did more good than bad while 46% (of them) disagreed that Stalin was a "cruel tyrant". Half of the respondents, aged from 16 to 19, agreed Stalin was a wise leader.[9]"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin#Domestic_support

Hitler ruled for 12 years, ended only by massive outside force; not from within, despite some storied, failed attempts.

It's amazing what frogs, er, I mean people, can become conditioned to. The secret is to start the cooking water over a low flame and turn it up slowly.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012

The ruling elite know this as well. It's what they bank on (besides a lapdog media).

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Pretty much, I've done what I can while I'm here. I don't intend to be here come the general election though. This isn't even about an opportunity but a windfall that MD would tax into oblivion. Couple that with work likely evaporating or becoming such a scramble for projects that it isn't fun anymore.

I've done the math: sell townhouse for assessment at least and outright buy a house somewhere else, keep the residuary invested well, work as low as a Walmart greeter and live better than I could in MD. Pretty much a no brainer. Other than utilities, insurance and taxes I have no debt of any kind.

Even with utilities, insurance, and taxes, you still have no debt of any kind. Now, utilities, insurance, and taxes might be the only recurring bills you have because you have no debt of any kind. I'm trying to get to the same state. Only debt is the mortgage. Cannot wait until that one is gone.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    no I didn't say that I used that example to show he didn't stay and address the situation the police chief might of been more receptive to us if a delegate was there . But instead of standing with us he left , to me that is not a champion

So, you want a State Delegate to take care of an issue that should be handled at the local or county level? You do understand that Havre de Grace is not in his district and as such he really has no power there as a Delegate?

So because he did not step up to handle a local issue, outside of his district, you harbor a grudge?? Mmmmkay

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Smigiel should be snapped up as a 2A advocate and lobbyist with the MGA, asap -- in compliance with whatever laws might apply to former delegates, of course.

He might be even more effective as an outspoken 2A advocate, without the parochial constraints a delegate has. We might enjoy watching him on the loose in Annapolis.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    He did not take care of a petty issue for you. Clear enough.

So, you want a State Delegate to take care of an issue that should be handled at the local or county level? You do understand that Havre de Grace is not in his district and as such he really has no power there as a Delegate?

So because he did not step up to handle a local issue, outside of his district, you harbor a grudge?? Mmmmkay

My point in bringing the rally up was that of him being a single issue politician . Never said it was in his district but him as a delegate carries some more weight than from us peons. .

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    So my take away from this ordeal is this:

We need to form pro gun, pro constitution groups dedicated to targeting elected officials who we don't like. We name these groups with words that liberals like, and we pretend to be liberal and make our reasoning for targeting these liberal representatives that they are not liberal enough. Total guerilla warfare. Time to take the gloves off and get dirty and nasty. No more playing the rules.
    Just like them. I agree completely. They name their anti gun and hunting groups with something that sounds like they are pro what they are against. Confuse the idiots that are the general voting public.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My point in bringing the rally up was that of him being a single issue politician . Never said it was in his district but him as a delegate carries some more weight than from us peons. .

Umm, not really, when he is out of district, you apparently think that State Legislators have more power than they do. In his district, he may be able to address it, but out of district, he is just another Maryland citizen as far as LE is concerned. He may get told to move a little nicer, but he will get told to move none the less.

So what about standing up against:

Common Core
    Lynette's Law to protect patients from sexual abuse by therapists
    4th Amendment protection against illegal search of electronic devices (cell phones and laptops)

Just to name a few

What specifically did he not work on that you would like to have seen him do? You keep stating he only worked on what issue without mentioning the issues you would have liked to have seen. So speak up or forever hold your peace.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Umm, not really, when he is out of district, you apparently think that State Legislators have more power than they do. In his district, he may be able to address it, but out of district, he is just another Maryland citizen as far as LE is concerned. He may get told to move a little nicer, but he will get told to move none the less.

So what about standing up against:

Common Core
    Lynette's Law to protect patients from sexual abuse by therapists
    4th Amendment protection against illegal search of electronic devices (cell phones and laptops)

Just to name a few

What specifically did he not work on that you would like to have seen him do? You keep stating he only worked on what issue without mentioning the issues you would have liked to have seen. So speak up or forever hold your peace.

What are the biggest issues in District 36?

Drugs. prescription and illegal are abused at almost epidemic rates

Taxes

Tolls CC is the only county you pay to come in or leave ( if you don't know back roads)

The three you mentioned I can say I never heard him say one way or another ( could be part of the disconnect I will check with others in OUR district) . Andy Harris comes up and gives an update on what he is working at least once a year .

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Yeah. The Liberal skid marks are finding new and creative ways to disrupt the election process.

Just like the 40,000 in Mississippi that voted in the Democrat primary then voted in the Republican primary too. Keep fighting McDaniel.

Our election process has been compromised like never before.

Just wait until full amnesty and American citizenship and voting rights are granted by presidential edict prior to the 2016 elections.

At that point it really will be time to stick a fork in it.

Yep. :mad54:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What are the biggest issues in District 36?

Drugs. prescription and illegal are abused at almost epidemic rates

Taxes

Tolls CC is the only county you pay to come in or leave ( if you don't know back roads)

The three you mentioned I can say I never heard him say one way or another ( could be part of the disconnect I will check with others in OUR district) . Andy Harris comes up and gives an update on what he is working at least once a year .

(2014) HB 870: Income Tax - Subtraction Modification - Toll Charges Paid by Chesapeake Bay Bridge or Hatem Bridge Commuters

(2014) HB 63: Sales and Use Tax - Exemption - University and College Textbooks

(2014) HB 75: Income Tax - Subtraction Modification - Retirement Income

(2014) HB 184: Estate and Inheritance Taxes - Repeal

(2014) HB 186: Estate Tax - Recoupling With Federal Law

(2014) HB 199: Corporate Income Tax - Rate Reduction

(2014) HB 442: Income Tax - Subtraction Modification - Military Retirement Income

(2014) HB 457: Corporate Income Tax - Rate Reduction

(2014) HB 458: Corporate Income Tax - Rate Reduction

(2014) HB 479: Income Tax - Military Retirement Income - Health Care Practitioners

(2014) HB 525: Estate Tax - Qualified Agricultural Property - Repeal of Recapture Provisions

There are more on the tax issue and the first one covers both tolls and taxes.

Since two that you mentioned are county wide issues, why aren't you bitching about the other Delegates that haven't "done anything" about drugs? Or the Senators from those Districts, since they have more "power?"

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    (2014) HB 870: Income Tax - Subtraction Modification - Toll Charges Paid by Chesapeake Bay Bridge or Hatem Bridge Commuters

(2014) HB 63: Sales and Use Tax - Exemption - University and College Textbooks

(2014) HB 75: Income Tax - Subtraction Modification - Retirement Income

(2014) HB 184: Estate and Inheritance Taxes - Repeal

(2014) HB 186: Estate Tax - Recoupling With Federal Law

(2014) HB 199: Corporate Income Tax - Rate Reduction

(2014) HB 442: Income Tax - Subtraction Modification - Military Retirement Income

(2014) HB 457: Corporate Income Tax - Rate Reduction

(2014) HB 458: Corporate Income Tax - Rate Reduction

(2014) HB 479: Income Tax - Military Retirement Income - Health Care Practitioners

(2014) HB 525: Estate Tax - Qualified Agricultural Property - Repeal of Recapture Provisions

There are more on the tax issue and the first one covers both tolls and taxes.

Since two that you mentioned are county wide issues, why aren't you bitching about the other Delegates that haven't "done anything" about drugs? Or the Senators from those Districts, since they have more "power?"

He admitted his beef with Smigiel was personal. All of this other stuff is just noise to cover that fact up:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3267892&postcount=45

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Well that explains that. Seems to really push the Cecil drug issue. Aren't drugs a statewide issue? Country wide issue? Isn't heroin a full blown epedemic? What has any politician done? Practically nothing. Not much of anything when the problem at hand is already illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom