• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Little bit of a hike but sounds well worth it. Absolutely have no issues driving to support small businesses (or any for that matter) who gladly support our rights.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Yep, all the rest of them are just nearly ready to pull them old signs down and welcome gun toters with open arms!
    I have never actually seen a no guns sign in md or anywhere else with the exception of buildings at national parks

I don’t go to a lot of places though

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I was replying to 44man when he said this:

It was a vague (really vague?) way of expressing extreme doubt that places or the general population will "become cool" with anything 2A, OC or CC.
    Well have you ever anywhere in Va or wv?

No one even notices all the folks oc’ing there and concealed carry goes unnoticed everywhere so…

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I have never actually seen a no guns sign in md or anywhere else with the exception of buildings at national parks

Actually, you have a point, and a reason for that (in MD) may be that until just recently, they had practically no reason to bother, did they? I would bet that they (a “bunny rabbit” person that happens to own a Maryland business) will have big signs up the minute they see an open carrier in the flesh, in their store!
    Well have you ever anywhere in Va or wv?

No one even notices all the folks oc’ing there and concealed carry goes unnoticed everywhere so…
    I noticed OC in VA, honestly, often it was the typical scenario where you see a guy with a Taurus G2 in a torn gun show vendor’s cordura nylon holster for a S&W revolver with deluxe Velcro straps, worn at about 5 o’clock. In other words, a “free gun” for the taking for practically the most timid, clumsy wanna be thug that cared to try.
    In contrast, I have seen some very professional looking OC rigs here in Tennessee, formed kydex on a good belt at 3-4 o’clock, holding a first tier Glock, Sig or High Point.
    (Okay, just seeing if you were paying attention…)

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Actually, you have a point, and a reason for that (in MD) may be that until just recently, they had practically no reason to bother, did they? I would bet that they (a “bunny rabbit” person that happens to own a Maryland business) will have big signs up the minute they see an open carrier in the flesh, in their store!

I noticed OC in VA, honestly, often it was the typical scenario where you see a guy with a Taurus G2 in a torn gun show vendor’s cordura nylon holster for a S&W revolver with deluxe Velcro straps, worn at about 5 o’clock. In other words, a “free gun” for the taking for practically the most timid, clumsy wanna be thug that cared to try.
    In contrast, I have seen some very professional looking OC rigs here in Tennessee, formed kydex on a good belt at 3-4 o’clock, holding a first tier Glock, Sig or High Point.
    (Okay, just seeing if you were paying attention…)
    To the first, I don’t doubt buisnesses in MOCO will jump right on installing no gun signs, and I hope they all go bankrupt, I doubt it, but I can hope. I will say I guess I go to pro 2a places as a rule because I was thinking about it and I have actually seen more than a few “ guns are welcome here” signs in the last year or so down here

On the second, I generally don’t care how anyone carries but they should have situational awareness and have their firearm fairly well secured , I do agree with that.

Edit to add:

I truly hope md gets to the point that , like when I go to wv, I go to Walmart and 7 out of every 10 folks are oc’ing lol. Wouldn’t that be wonderful

Last edited:

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    To the first, I don’t doubt buisnesses in MOCO will jump right on installing no gun signs, and I hope they all go bankrupt, I doubt it, but I can hope. I will say I guess I go to pro 2a places as a rule because I was thinking about it and I have actually seen more than a few “ guns are welcome here” signs in the last year or so down here

On the second, I generally don’t care how anyone carries but they should have situational awareness and have their firearm fairly well secured , I do agree with that.

Edit to add:

I truly hope md gets to the point that , like when I go to wv, I go to Walmart and 7 out of every 10 folks are oc’ing lol. Wouldn’t that be wonderful
    Well, I don't care a whole lot either, BUT, I might care if that rare instance of a "gun snatch" happens, and all of a sudden a thug gets hold of a gun in a place where I happen to be as well. Now I may be thrust into a situation that would not have happened if the "goob" had bothered to be aware, and had a quality holster helping to secure his weapon.
    You have to understand, while I support the right to open carry, I personally think it's akin to "literally eating soup with your hands" and I think it has almost no place unless you are in the woods or around your spread doing chores, or like I do on occasion, walking my mutt down rural country back roads.
    My personal philosophy is simple;
    1. If you're a good guy, I don't want you knowing I'm carrying a gun.
    2. If you're a bad guy, and you pull some deadly force $h!t, I don't want you knowing I'm carrying a gun until I'm busy shooting you in your "dick-gut-chest-face" region.
    3. I'm NOT making a statement by open carrying a handgun in public, I don't overtly care if I win hearts and minds, and it usually tends to do nothing more then frighten the sheeple.

I DO very much hope that Marylander's will become more comfortable with carry.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Sheeple need to be pushed into acceptance, IMO

personally I don’t care how anyone carries, as long as they do

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Cool but I’d much rather be discreet.
    As do I most of the time but there are times I OC depending on what I am doing and where I am at.

And I am just as comfortable in a Walmart or restaurant or hardware store in Va or wv where 75% of the folks are OC’ing as I am in church where most folks carrying only do so concealed.

But it’s always important to have situational awareness no matter how you are carrying and just as much so when you are not

I also believe that the more people who OC in md, the sooner people will get use to the idea of folks carrying either oc or cc and I think that’s a good thing

Of course there are hopelephobes who will be scared of gun and knives and spoons and their shadows until they die. But there’s nothing that can be done for them.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

I saw one at Jared’s jewelry store in the Annapolis Mall complex years ago. Not sure they’re even there any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom