• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    I received my C&R in mid-June, just before our summer road trip out West. Every chance I had to research C&R firearms and the forum archives, I did. As soon as we got back, before I could think rationally, I ordered these beauties below:

1943 Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifle and Mosin revolver from AIM, both handpicked for $99 and $109, respectively

1944 Mosin Nagant Russian M44 from SOG, handpicked for $190

Romanian TTC and CZ-82 from Wideners, $219 each. not the cheapest, but low shipping.

I'll have to wait a bit to afford ammo now, especially since I need to come up with a first anniversary gift soon, too. But all of these are in great shape! metal has no rust and very little pitting and the Mosin stocks have very few nicks and dents. I was planning on having to refinish them with Tru-oil, but that may not be needed. The M44 bolt is super-easy to maneuver, and the CZ-82 is so smooth, it'll be my CC gun if this damn state ever makes it easier for regular folks to carry.

Attachments

• Mosins_workbench.jpg
      Mosins_workbench.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 380
    • CR-handguns_toe.jpg
      CR-handguns_toe.jpg
      51.7 KB · Views: 377
    • Mosin-M1944_workbench.jpg
      Mosin-M1944_workbench.jpg
      48.8 KB · Views: 377
    • Romanian-TTC-Tokarev.jpg
      Romanian-TTC-Tokarev.jpg
      46.9 KB · Views: 375
    • Mosin-Nagant_M1895_withcosmo.jpg
      Mosin-Nagant_M1895_withcosmo.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 382
    • Czech_CZ-82_Makarov.jpg
      Czech_CZ-82_Makarov.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 382

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    Trust me. It won't get any better.
    And once you have the basics covered you start browsing auction sites for more expensive things. Then more things. And stuff. Then no monies.
    Rinse and repeat every couple months.

And yeah the cz-82 is an amazing pistol as far as I am concerned.

Good luck.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Good! You're using that 03 like it was intended. Well on your way to filling the first page of that bound book.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I received my C&R in mid-June, just before our summer road trip out West. Every chance I had to research C&R firearms and the forum archives, I did. As soon as we got back, before I could think rationally, I ordered these beauties below:

Man ... that lineup of purchases looks VERY familiar! You sure you didn't slip into my place with a camera? :lol:

I've convinced myself ... and almost convinced my wife ... that this is a savings plan. I can't easily spend the money on something else if I have it tied up in C&R hardware, and if I have to in the future, I can sell the things and get at least what I paid for them back.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Great photos and a great start to the collection. Welcome to insolvency with your C & R. Oh yea, and for the obligatory toes......:lol2:

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    That CZ-82 from Wideners looks pretty good! That makes me feel good. I have one on order with them right now (it seems like it is taking forever for them to ship).

BeRight

Jul 19, 2012
    Being retired you C&R folks are starting to get to me - in case I do take the plunge any wording tips for the application form???

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Being retired you C&R folks are starting to get to me - in case I do take the plunge any wording tips for the application form???

This website walks you step by step how to fill out the C&R application form:
    http://www.garandgear.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=39:how-tos&id=94:car-ffl

it's only $30 for 3 yrs. you'll recoup that from being able to skip one transfer fee for one firearm. Or from dealer discounts from Brownells or MidwayUSA for accessories/ammo.

this one is a good aggregation of C&R handgun info to get you started:
    http://mouseguns.com/curios/crhands.htm

Read the stickies at the top of this forum. Lots of great info and FAQs there. But be warned, having nice guns shipped right to your door is addictive, though. I need to slow down because my wife is on a first name basis with the UPS guys now! :)

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    BeRight said:

You will blow through your kids inheritance in no time :thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Inigoes said:
    You will blow through your kids inheritance in no time :thumbsup:

No. Instead of inheriting money the .gov can tax at 50%, they can inherit a bunch of kick-ass old guns.

BeRight

Jul 19, 2012
    Thank you everyone for the great info-I think- it could shorten my life expectancy -retirement funds spent quicker than planned.

BeRight

Jul 19, 2012
    This website walks you step by step how to fill out the C&R application form:
    http://www.garandgear.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=39:how-tos&id=94:car-ffl

it's only $30 for 3 yrs. you'll recoup that from being able to skip one transfer fee for one firearm. Or from dealer discounts from Brownells or MidwayUSA for accessories/ammo.

this one is a good aggregation of C&R handgun info to get you started:
    http://mouseguns.com/curios/crhands.htm

Read the stickies at the top of this forum. Lots of great info and FAQs there. But be warned, having nice guns shipped right to your door is addictive, though. I need to slow down because my wife is on a first name basis with the UPS guys now! :)

Thank you for the reference-I did find something that would would have led to denial, in my case. It noted that if I didn't have a current hunting license I would most likely be denied. Very strange-collecting firearms and hunting to me are totally not connected-so to be safe if I decide to go forward I'll purchase a hunting license.

I typically hunt out of state once a year - difficult to hunt in MD.

Does anyone have an idea or know why having a hunting license is a requirement in order to be a collector??

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Thank you for the reference-I did find something that would would have led to denial, in my case. It noted that if I didn't have a current hunting license I would most likely be denied. Very strange-collecting firearms and hunting to me are totally not connected-so to be safe if I decide to go forward I'll purchase a hunting license.

I typically hunt out of state once a year - difficult to hunt in MD.

Does anyone have an idea or know why having a hunting license is a requirement in order to be a collector??

So, you are saying that you are a "non-immigrant alien". The questions in Item 10 don't apply to resident aliens or US citizens. For example, a student visa is non-immigrant.

If you're a US citizen, don't answer any of those questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom