• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Carnac the Magnificent says....
    How do you get rid of farms, the Ag Reserve and large yards without pissing off the donors in Chevy Chase and Potomac?

By 2050, I'll be 82. Hopefully, if I am still above ground, living on my land in Alamosa, Colorado and my kids and their future families will have left this state.

I am pissed that I missed, forgot about the public input sessions. My thoughts would not have mattered, but it may have lightened my conscience a teeny, tiny bit.

Attachments

• Draft for Resolution - Thrive 2050 clean 10_17_22.pdf
      5.6 MB · Views: 109

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    Carnac the Magnificent says....
    How do you get rid of farms, the Ag Reserve and large yards without pissing off the donors in Chevy Chase and Potomac?

By 2050, I'll be 82. Hopefully, if I am still above ground, living on my land in Alamosa, Colorado and my kids and their future families will have left this state.

I am pissed that I missed, forgot about the public input sessions. My thoughts would not have mattered, but it may have lightened my conscience a teeny, tiny bit.
    Riddle me this...
    How does the County Council pass this?
    Hasn't the entire CC resigned as of late.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Diversity, equity, social justice, climate change, and environment all in one document...Liberal Disneyland...Nirvana is achieved. If you guys over there would just start riding the bus and leave your Beamers and Benzes at home, the horsey people in the Ag Reserve would be left alone and all the problems of the county would go away. I didn't read the document but I will - with a bottle of scotch in hand and the house empty so the women won't have to endure the swearing.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Guaranteed not one of them that voted for it read the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    I go 180 degrees in the opposite direction, they know exactly what is in it.

Piece by piece, farm by farm prime real estate has been bought by developers, and the county has been approving permits PDQ. I grew up, off and on in this county since the early 70's. Rockville is jam packed, gaithersburg, Germantown and clarksburg are too.

Time to go after Boyds, Darnestown and then Poolesville. Poolesville saving grace, for now, is that we are on wells and have our own sewer system. Master plan says that we can only support 6,400 people. We have around 4,500 or so now. The county would have to run sewer and water out here.

The only win for any group/town was us here in Poolesville (I have Toyotas and a Volvo-newest one is 8 yrs old). Stopped a 100+ home-townhome development in the middle of town, next to Whalen Commons. The streets were too narrow and the townhomes too tall for the FD to respond to. This is a small chunk of farmland right now, aka Green Space. The plan made sure that there would be green space in the new development. It is all Green Space right now.

Back to the drawing board and it will be a 60 home development.

They did build a new development on West Willard. Million dollar homes with little yards.

Adding another 2k people will overwhelm the HS (currently being upgraded/rebuilt), middle school and Elementary school (understaffed right now)

I hope that this 2050 plans accounts for new roads, widening roads and 10 new high schools with supporting middle and elementary schools

28Shooter and RFBfrom DE are both correct

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom