The best way to find an IP that can get me a gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Ok, there was no easy way to convey this question in the title but here it is. I have not decided on what I want to buy yet. I need to go to a range and shoot some examples to see what works and feels best for me. I am being directed to Glocks and I also like the Springfield XD series and I will probably go with a 9mm but a 40 or 45 will be ok, it all depends on how they feel when I actually shoot them. Anyway with the current insanity stock is pretty nonexistent but I would rather buy local then online to be shipped here.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I suggest you visit a few indoor ranges and rent some of their range guns first. Forget everything you've read and been told. Don't let other people "direct" you. It's your money. You should be calling the shots and buying what you like, what suits your needs, what you can comfortably shoot/handle, and what fits your budget. Everybody has different preferences. There's no easy way for you to figure it out until you actually shoot a variety of guns first, preferably at least 25 rounds each, if not several times that many rounds. Otherwise, you'll probably just spin your wheels and get frustrated, or worse if you buy a gun sight unseen that's not a good match for you. For all you know right now, after you try a bunch of guns, you might end up liking and buying something completely different than your current expectations. Good luck.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I have called Freestate and plan to go there as soon as I get off this crappy 6 - 12's 6p - 6a shift, but its this shift thats giving me the extra cash to do this :-) I will shoot several different Handguns to see what feels good to me. And I would rather buy locally from an IP if I can find the pistol I decide on, plus if its used I can look it over and not just go by some pic's on a website.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Buy what you can, you waited to long to be overly picky

Understand what you are saying, but have to disagree. Patience is key in life, especially now in our "market".

OP- Definitely go and try out a bunch of different things. I'm not familiar with Freestate, but On Target has a pretty good variety available for rent. Once you find that one you want, do be prepared to wait a while before being able to find it. (What Redneck was referring to) It is nuts out there!

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah, I decided in November I was finally going to get a Handgun with the extra money I was going to be making now and then the crap hit the fan :eek: in December and now there is not a chance I can order what I want, I need to hope someone happens to get a delivery, or I buy from an on-line AH.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If you buy for the sake of buying, not knowing what suits you best, there's a decent chance you will end up posting in a future version of this thread: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=110115

Handguns are not going away no matter what laws pass in Annapolis, especially considering the barrage of lawsuits that will follow. Before too long, the market will stabilize and you'll have plenty to pick from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom