• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    Thank you for the correction. I could have sworn when I took my Utah that I could have added the live fire on it to be valid in Florida but I was mistaken.

Marylandmark,

you were correct. You can complete a Live fire certification in conjuction with a Utah course to meet the requirements for Florida. I think you both were saying the same thing, i.e. Florida needs both a classroom and live fire whereas Utah you only need the Utah specific training class.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Who offers the best Utah class for MDshooters?

That question depends on what you consider the best class. Some places offer fingerprints and photos, some places do a 3 or 4 or 6 or 8 hour class. Some classes are taught by lawyers, firearms instructors, gunsmiths, accountants, butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. Some who teach have certifications but very little carry experience. Some have more experience.

What you are asking is like asking who makes the best pizza. Some people like one place's crust, some like another place's sauce. Are you looking to get a class with the least amount of effort on your part, or the best instruction, or the closest location, or the cheapest price, or the most handsome instructor? You have to decide which factor is most important to you. Do your research and make a good choice. :)

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    That question depends on what you consider the best class. Some places offer fingerprints and photos, some places do a 3 or 4 or 6 or 8 hour class. Some classes are taught by lawyers, firearms instructors, gunsmiths, accountants, butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. Some who teach have certifications but very little carry experience. Some have more experience. What you are asking is like asking who makes the best pizza. Some people like one place's crust, some like another place's sauce. Are you looking to get a class with the least amount of effort on your part, or the best instruction, or the closest location, or the cheapest price, or the most handsome instructor? You have to decide which factor is most important to you. Do your research and make a good choice. :)

+1 Well Stated

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Constitutional Firearms offers a Utah CFP class on the second Saturday of each month.
    One stop for photos, fingerprints, class and FedEx of applications to Utah BCI.

The next class is Saturday November 9 at 2:30PM

It might help if they are close in proximity too.

I recommend my experience at Constitutional firearms so much I bought my wife a seat for Nov 9th. ;)

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    That question depends on what you consider the best class. Some places offer fingerprints and photos, some places do a 3 or 4 or 6 or 8 hour class. Some classes are taught by lawyers, firearms instructors, gunsmiths, accountants, butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. Some who teach have certifications but very little carry experience. Some have more experience.

What you are asking is like asking who makes the best pizza. Some people like one place's crust, some like another place's sauce. Are you looking to get a class with the least amount of effort on your part, or the best instruction, or the closest location, or the cheapest price, or the most handsome instructor? You have to decide which factor is most important to you. Do your research and make a good choice. :)

As always, you sum it up well!

Thanks!

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    +1 for Genesis Firearms. Perrin and his crew do a fantastic job!!

I also want to echo the shout out for Perrin Lewis and Genesis Firearms. Class, photos, fingerprinting, and if you take the class at the California, MD VFW Post like I did a week ago, you get breakfast thrown in! Person and his crowd run a very efficient operation. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom