• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    Hey fellas. 2nd post. So I like 1000 other guys see some loopholes and would like to capitalize on them ASAP before they too are sewn shut. Now, the problem I am running into is dealers, even the one ive dealt with forever in Arbutus is afraid to buy one for me to purchase WITHOUT a mag if need be. They say that they don't want to buy one and have it collect dust even tho they could sell it online out of state and that they WONT until they get an OFFICIAL list from MSP or some other govt entity.

My question here is simple...does anyone know of a dealer in MD who ISNT afraid to go ahead, get a loophole gun in and let it be purchased? PRIVATE MSSG ME IF YOUD LIKE. MIGHT BE BEST. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE GENTLEMAN.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    1. Don't use the word loophole. It adds a negative connotation. There are no loopholes. Things are either legal or they aren't.

2. Tell us what firearm you want and we'll tell you who will sell it to you. (If it's legal) We have some very good dealers on here.

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    United Gun Shop in Rockville has told me that if it's currently legal they will do the transfer.

jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    ruger SR556 or SR762 or excel arms X 5.7R or X 30R with either a 10rd or no magazine...?

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    I don't know about those specific models but if they're legal in MD then they're cash and carry, meaning if you have trouble finding one in state you can buy it out of State and bring it in.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    How is limited infringement of a Constitutional right a loophole?

I know what you mean, you are concerned these gross infringements will continue, so you want to exercise your right before it is limited further.

Unfortunately, the only way to protect your rights are through political action. Otherwise, although you might legally obtain a firearm today that could be illegal in the future to everyone else. Join the fight for your civil liberties, not just for you, but the next generation.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    There is no such thing as a "loophole." There is either following the law or not following the law. If something isn't illegal it doesn't mean it's a "loophole."

For instance a sole proprietor with a home office is exempt from business personal property tax. If I take advantage of that I'm just following the law - it's not a "loophole."

Please do not use the word "loophole."

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    ruger SR556 or SR762 or excel arms X 5.7R or X 30R with either a 10rd or no magazine...?

Does the SR556 have a heavy barrel? If not, I doubt it'll be sold to you. I've known of FFLs accepting certain piston guns since back in the day MSP told them they were cash and carry due to their heavy barrels. I've heard of other dealers taking the path that piston guns differ in their manner of operation from DI rifles and are therefor not banned, but haven't actually been to such an FFL.

The SR762 if anything is a copy of the AR10, not the AR15, which was always cash and carry and is therefor not banned.

The excel arms ones are not copies of any firearm on the previously regulated list, don't have a grenade launcher and don't have a folding stock, so I have no idea why on earth these wouldn't be sold to you since they don't meet the definition of a "copycat" firearm.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I thought loopholes were the angled windows built into the sides of castle walls. They were used to fire arrows at the enemy from inside the castle.

I think you meant to say: Let's all buy legal objects and engage in legal activities because it is still legal to do so.

And please don't delude yourself into thinking MOM and Friends is finished with us. They left some scraps on the table in 2013. Round 2 will start in 2015 after the 2014 election cycle is complete.

Never
    Retreating
    Annapolis

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I am in no way AR proficient and do not know the differences, but Ruger advertises the SR556 as the "AR redefined". I don't think using "AR" in any description of a rifle as helpful to us. Further, Ruger advertises the SR762 as an AR-style rifle. Again, confusing and not helpful.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    And please don't delude yourself into thinking MOM and Friends is finished with us. They left some scraps on the table in 2013. Round 2 will start in 2015 after the 2014 election cycle is complete.

You are one of the few that get it. The time elapsing between the rape of our rights in '13 and election day in '14 is fully to their benefit. No way would they keep hitting the hornet's nest when they can easily step back and let them calm down.

They do the same thing with taxes and personal property over reaches ... so far it has worked every time

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I thought loopholes were the angled windows built into the sides of castle walls. They were used to fire arrows at the enemy from inside the castle.

I think you meant to say: Let's all buy legal objects and engage in legal activities because it is still legal to do so.

Never
    Retreating
    Annapolis

Actually round 2 starts this coming January 2014. That's the next GA session. I wouldn't count on them to give us a break this coming session. As we speak new bills are being written to be introduced. What bills, who knows but, we need to be ready for whatever they throw at us.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I predict saber rattling, but nothing to stir the hornet's nest ... starting to get the itch to make a bet

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Actually round 2 starts this coming January 2014. That's the next GA session. I wouldn't count on them to give us a break this coming session. As we speak new bills are being written to be introduced. What bills, who knows but, we need to be ready for whatever they throw at us.

I FULLY expect to see a bill to strike the 8th day release provision from the law at the minimum.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I predict saber rattling, but nothing to stir the hornet's nest ... starting to get the itch to make a bet

I'm not much of a betting man but, I do believe in not letting my guard down. Saber rattling, maybe. Another infringement on our rights is not something I want to be surprised by though. I just don't trust them and I believe in being prepared.

I do hope you're right with the saber rattling though. :D

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I firmly believe they left a few firearms off the list for specific reasons. Nothing is unintentional. Just because they left it off, doesn't make it a loophole.

Look at the timing for the lawsuit filed on October 1. Court decision was queued up interestingly

Predictions for proposed legislation for 2014 session:

- As others have mentioned, extend the waiting period to 30 days. They will claim they were so backed up this year, it is an essential change
    - Additional items placed on the banned list. This will be done in light of recent shootings.
    - Expansion of required applicants for HQL (to own). This will be done in the name of fairness, but will really be due to a budget shortfall. They need 37,000 HQL's to pay the bills through July, 2014.
    ****. Special note to those who say O'Malley wins if we don't get HQL's, look at the fiscal notes for SB281 ;). We will win in the short term, but made to pay one way or the other.
    ****. One way to offset this is for everyone to register a 10/22 to keep the folks down there gainfully employed $10 at a time.
    - Registration of firearms. This will be done in the name of public safety.
    - They may overshoot with possession of items, knowing they will lose.

They will use the Overton window approach to get whatever they can.

And, again.... Shall issue will be voted down.

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    with the hql they are returning checks with in the 7/8 days required... it really only hits the pre october back log that the 8th day release helped... magically they were able to get on track with the hql process and return background checks with in 8 days after october with hqls and or exemptions....
    mind bottling huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom