• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Last week, the gun lobby announced that they will NOT try to petition our new life-saving Maryland gun violence prevention law to referendum. This is great news! The other side knew that we would win such a referendum fight and that the people of Maryland would overwhelmingly affirm the new law. Your great work over the last few months convinced them of that!

This means that our new law will take effect on October 1 of this year, and we will do all we can to make sure it is fully and effectively implemented.

The gun lobby did say that they plan to challenge the new law in court, but they will lose there also. We will work closely with the O'Malley-Brown Administration and Attorney General Gansler to make sure of that.

Our victory, however, will be short-lived if we allow the gun lobby to control the message in the weeks and months ahead. They are already threatening to unseat our legislative champions in the 2014 election, and we can't let that happen. They aren't going away and neither must we!

Help in the short term by attending:

1. Gun Legislation Town Hall Meeting w/ state legislators in Frederick on April 27th - Details Here

2.CEASEFIRE on April 28th (Fundraiser for MPGV & Brady Campaign): A Showcase of Jewish Young Artists - Details Here

3. "The Future of Gun Violence Prevention" w/ Lt. Gov Brown, Senator Frosh, Delegate Dumais and others at the Safe Silver Spring meeting on May 6 - Details Here

We'll continue to keep you updated on opportunities to defend the Firearm Safety Act and the good people who made it law. Thanks so much!

Vinny DeMarco

PS. Also, check out the following:

- Me on National PBS News Hour talking abour our great victory

- A great new document by the Johns Hopkins Center For Gun Policy and Research showing how our new fingerprint licensing system is a very effective tool to prevent gun violence

- A great column by Fraser Smith describing the history of our victory

Support our work to reduce gun violence in Maryland:*Make A Donation
    Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence | 2600 St. Paul Street | Baltimore, MD 21218 | *

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Doesn't it! Check out the link for the one on April 27th in Frederick of all places. Man these idiots have balls. :sad20:

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    We definitely need to snag ALL of the seats and show these people that we aren't going anywhere. I just need to buy a shirt with an AR on it to wear...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    We definitely need to snag ALL of the seats and show these people that we aren't going anywhere. I just need to buy a shirt with an AR on it to wear...

How does packing the hall help? If occbrain is right let the sound of crickets speak for us. If not then should we not spend our time elsewhere?

Please help me understand.... what is the goal?

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    These guys are looking for a self serving pat on the back for "keeping the children safe, and saving lives". I'm not inclined to allow that to happen.

Will showing up change their mind? No, I know those clowns don't care (as shown by the way we were treated during the legislative process). For me personally, being there to show that I haven't stopped fighting is worth my time.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    These guys are looking for a self serving pat on the back for "keeping the children safe, and saving lives". I'm not inclined to allow that to happen.

Will showing up change their mind? No, I know those clowns don't care (as shown by the way we were treated during the legislative process). For me personally, being there to show that I haven't stopped fighting is worth my time.

Some food food for thought.

VM knows that we are more motivated and active. In fact he uses us as a Bogggie man to rally his troops. If we show in force he will add us to his count and use us to prove that his side needs to stay motivated.

He is baiting us. By doing so he is determining how we will spend our time. Thus he his wasting our resources.

As long as we do what he expects he is in control. I think he is a control freak and we put him off his game just by not playing along.

An event of our own , all good. 200 MSI hats in the parking lot when he gets there, and then we just leave and decide to walk around distributing flyers all over town( if legal of course) while he is stuck hosting an event with 5 cat ladies and 20 cats..... even better.

It is going to be a very long fight and hosting an event this soon is a sign of weakness not strength-- without the referendum he is struggling to keep the story alive so his core supporter ( singular) stays motivated.

Bottom line we need to refuse to let them control any part of the dynamic of this fight.

Now if we could take up all the parking while researching stuff in the library that day.....:innocent0 well....

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Some food food for thought.

VM knows that we are more motivated and active. In fact he uses us as a Bogggie man to rally his troops. If we show in force he will add us to his count and use us to prove that his side needs to stay motivated.

There is truth in this. He is most vocal when he feels he's stuck in a corner, and sitting in front of a room full of us would certainly corner him.

Also, there's nothing to be gained by a show of force. At this point it's not a numbers games, it's an outreach game.

Sometimes a precision strike is better than carpet bombing. Instead of flooding this event, it may be an opportunity for one or two of us who are particularly calm and patient to go engage folks one-on-one. I'd go in a heartbeat, but I've got family commitments already.

Last edited:

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    I'll be there.

Down in 3A I constantly get skrewed by Young and Claggett...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom