• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    There's a member here with 80% lowers and jigs for sale. I just committed to 3 of them.
    Check the classifieds.
    Not stomping in this thread just trying to help people get some 80%'s sooner

Last edited:

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Can I say something in all seriousness? Not knocking anyone's business, but what's the deal with it HAVING to be polymer? Because honestly I'm positive there's members here who could help point you in the right direction to legally possess a finished lower before 10/1. Again not bashing just not seeing why it can't be both? I do not sell lowers nor machine time btw.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Can I say something in all seriousness? Not knocking anyone's business, but what's the deal with it HAVING to be polymer? Because honestly I'm positive there's members here who could help point you in the right direction to legally possess a finished lower before 10/1. Again not bashing just not seeing why it can't be both? I do not sell lowers nor machine time btw.

Tell the truth, if I was going to do it again, I would be getting Jack's $25 steel weld together lowers. Why, because when complete, it's indestructible although heavier. You don't have to really weld it as there are high temp brazes that will work to complete it.

Seriously, at $25 each, amazing. Sure, you "need" to thread the buffer tube... or do you. ;) Depends on your creativity.

I think I might just order a few of jacks any way.

Mark

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster

Is it a need to have polymer? No. It is just that the bar for entry is much lower with polymer. The concept is that you could finish a lower without many tools or in areas where it's simply not practical to have the tools. Like you wouldn't have a milling machine in an apartment complex. Even a drill press would be stretching it. Polymer lowers make much less mess and can be completed with dremels and hand drills without needing things like cutting fluid. Which is one reason why I'm getting polymer 80%'s, because I live in an apartment complex. I have a cordless drill and a dremel. I just need a vice and a shop vac and I should be good to go. I don't expect perfection, but I bet I can get it to work.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Tell the truth, if I was going to do it again, I would be getting Jack's $25 steel weld together lowers. Why, because when complete, it's indestructible although heavier. You don't have to really weld it as there are high temp brazes that will work to complete it.

Seriously, at $25 each, amazing. Sure, you "need" to thread the buffer tube... or do you. ;) Depends on your creativity.

Mark
    Where is there more information on these?

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    EP lowers ships in 1-2 days it looks like. These guys are "really close"TM to shipping.

Last time I ordered from EPL on a Sunday, I had it Wednesday.

That said, I still want to see Poly80's product. Eventually, I want an 1911 frame and if they make a solid AR-15 lower, I'll get the 1911 one.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    When's the last time anyone heard from Polymer 80? Deadline coming up quick.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md

Mark

Got a link to one of these lowers? Id be veeeery interested in one.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I'm still waiting on this also.....
    Damn I hope it's not a scam

Polymer80 posted a page or so back that they are working with you on the mdshooters group buy for their lowers. Have you heard from them in this regard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom