• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    I would totally be in for a 10/22

It's probably the most popular rifle on the market. And tons of folks have parts laying around to build another rifle or two.

I bet it would sell well. There's a big old market out there for this idea. I bet it takes off like a rocket.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I get it... This is like a Tupperware Party where we giggle and fondle plastic things that we can't believe that we've finally gotten our hands on.

Oh, uh...yeah, count me in....

Actually, two jigs come with every lower-- one for the holes and then the dance you do having manufactured your own EBR in your garage.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Definite products to be made in the very near future:

AR10
    10/22

Working on more but not yet definite.

OK the MDS group buy will be pre-order sale price AND we will be the beta testers with each of the 3 future products :innocent0

Subscribed - can't wait to read the reviews.

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    I get it... This is like a Tupperware Party where we giggle and fondle plastic things that we can't believe that we've finally gotten our hands on.

Oh, uh...yeah, count me in....

Actually, two jigs come with every lower-- one for the holes and then the dance you do having manufactured your own EBR in your garage.
    I think you need to purchase the jig seperate as it is not included with the lower purchase.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    ... at least thats what I am telling the wife

I haven't told my wife anything about this yet. I'm going to end up trying to play it off with the 'ol "What, this? I've had this for a while, I'm just now trying to figure out what to do with it." sort of thing. She sees through it, but it helps me sleep.

mdcktt21

Jan 25, 2013
    Central MD
    I haven't told my wife anything about this yet. I'm going to end up trying to play it off with the 'ol "What, this? I've had this for a while, I'm just now trying to figure out what to do with it." sort of thing. She sees through it, but it helps me sleep.

Lol that's my plan as well. Blame her for not knowing about it already. Should work like a charm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Kat

sure sure it looked fun
    Jul 5, 2012
    EdgeHood
    Lol that's my plan as well. Blame her for not knowing about it already. Should work like a charm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

O I got that a while ago dear.... When I bought "random item" on the Internet.... Was on special

Sent from my Nexus 7

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    1911 sounds sweet. I have been wanting to make one of those for a while now.

I am all for pistol frames. Glocks are a nice add on too.

Captain Cautious here...
    Does anyone know if Polymer80 has a letter from the BATFE that these are not considered receivers? To the best of my knowledge, the "80% lower" thing was brought on by the interwebs, and the ATF has never used the phrase "80% receiver"; rather they will determine whether it is, or is not, a firearm based upon the complexity of completing the job. IE- How much effort does it take to transform a "polymer paperweight" in to an actual receiver.
    I'm questioning this because it is a start-up company and I/we are not sure whether the "polymer paperweight" has been cleared by the ATF as not being a firearm.
    If MDS, Calguns, et al purchase thousands of these and the ATF determines they are firearms (as shipped) they may become contraband. I state this because this recently happened with the threaded dummy suppressors on the market- no one received refunds on their purchases.

If everything is Kosher, I'm definately down for a "polymer paperweight" and a jig.

Americus

Feb 9, 2013
    Captain Cautious here...
    Does anyone know if Polymer80 has a letter from the BATFE that these are not considered receivers? To the best of my knowledge, the "80% lower" thing was brought on by the interwebs, and the ATF has never used the phrase "80% receiver"; rather they will determine whether it is, or is not, a firearm based upon the complexity of completing the job. IE- How much effort does it take to transform a "polymer paperweight" in to an actual receiver.
    I'm questioning this because it is a start-up company and I/we are not sure whether the "polymer paperweight" has been cleared by the ATF as not being a firearm.
    If MDS, Calguns, et al purchase thousands of these and the ATF determines they are firearms (as shipped) they may become contraband. I state this because this recently happened with the threaded dummy suppressors on the market- no one received refunds on their purchases.

If everything is Kosher, I'm definately down for a "polymer paperweight" and a jig.

i agree.
    if this is legally permissable, i may get a handful to play with, esp considering the shortage of AR10 recievers.

polymer80

Polymer80 Co-Founder
    May 29, 2013
    Captain Cautious here...

Ok So this is an interesting topic as the ATF has VERY VAGUE definitions of what they will or will not consider a fire arm or what they will or will not regulate. Let me get specific on this:

There is a letter you can get from the ATF but you do not need a letter to go ahead with your business. BUT it is a not the smartest idea to continually do business without one.

Do we have a letter? No. Not yet that is. And that is only because the ATF WILL NOT accept a prototype, they want the actual product itself. That being said, we have been very careful to stay in the parameters that they have given letters for in the past. We see no real issues in the future and we will be obtaining a letter soon after we start shipping.

I had an ATF agent in my office last week and told her everything that we were doing and picked her brain on a wide range of issues regarding 80%ers. She said that we were going about everything the right way and she was very happy with us.

The ATF is really after the large build parties and believe me, they are working over time to shut those down. We believe we are actually helping them out in that regard.

Anyway, hope that clears up your questions!

Thanks!

Ok So this is an interesting topic as the ATF has VERY VAGUE definitions of what they will or will not consider a fire arm or what they will or will not regulate. Let me get specific on this:

There is a letter you can get from the ATF but you do not need a letter to go ahead with your business. BUT it is a not the smartest idea to continually do business without one.

Do we have a letter? No. Not yet that is. And that is only because the ATF WILL NOT accept a prototype, they want the actual product itself. That being said, we have been very careful to stay in the parameters that they have given letters for in the past. We see no real issues in the future and we will be obtaining a letter soon after we start shipping.

I had an ATF agent in my office last week and told her everything that we were doing and picked her brain on a wide range of issues regarding 80%ers. She said that we were going about everything the right way and she was very happy with us.

The ATF is really after the large build parties and believe me, they are working over time to shut those down. We believe we are actually helping them out in that regard.

Anyway, hope that clears up your questions!

Thanks!

Polymer80- Thanks for the reply. This is the stand-up response I was looking for.
    Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom