• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CNS-Rashee

Journalist with CND-Md
    This question isn't for a story I'm writing, I'm just curious what everyone thinks. In a story that's very near and dear to my heart, an Assistant District Attorney in Kaufman, Texas was shot and killed yesterday.

As I've heard from news sources in Texas and my friends back home in Dallas County (the neighboring county where I was an ADA), ADA Mark Hasse was shot multiple times while walking from the parking lot toward the county courthouse where he worked at about 8 a.m. yesterday. He was transported to a nearby hospital where he died. Police think that this was a targeted attack, because he worked on high profile drug and gang cases.

This is the interesting part that I wanted to ask y'all about:

"Hasse was said to be armed, typically, but it was unknown whether he was carrying a gun on Thursday when he was assaulted on the walk to the office after he’d parked his vehicle."

What do y'all think, especially those of you who have a permit to carry? I'm just curious, not for a story or for attribution. My office had a policy when I worked there where you could carry, but not into the courthouse. So you would have to leave your weapon in the car, which would put you in the same situation as Mr. Hasse... very scary.

Any thoughts?

Rashee Raj Kumar
    Capital News Service
    301-314-2694 (office)
    817-832-8909 (cell)

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...-outside-courthouse-in-downtown-kaufman.html/

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Tw...ounty-Employee-Near-Courthouse-189198761.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom