• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I'm waiting for some liberal nut to report me for flying the flags I do: US, POW/MIA and Don't Tred on Me. Will add the PA and Army flags once we get the flagpole rigged.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam, Vietnam II, Germany

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I'm waiting for some liberal nut to report me for flying the flags I do: US, POW/MIA and Don't Tred on Me. Will add the PA and Army flags once we get the flagpole rigged.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam, Vietnam II, Germany

Where did you get your flagpole and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for a pole that can fly two flags and they are all expensive.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    ^^this, according to the DHS all gun owners are potential terrorist.

Watch lists are only good if they are watched... How many times did the FBI ETAL, investigate and then REMOVE Mateen from their "lists"???

I smell Dark Ops. And Mateen is looking more and more like the Administration's "wind up toy". :mad54:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Watch lists are only good if they are watched... How many times did the FBI ETAL, investigate and then REMOVE Mateen from their "lists"???

I smell Dark Ops. And Mateen is looking more and more like the Administration's "wind up toy". :mad54:

Agree. And I suspect the only reason we haven't all been carted off in the night by now is that the lists haven't been watched.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

You are making me wonder more and more, and I am thinking of changing my flag to a pant suit.
    I'm not watching any news tonight!

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace

Yeah, like they said "hmm this is a live one, let him roam free and see what he does".

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Talking to son in law last night. How hard would it be for FBI to take terror watch list and flag those names in NICS? At least it would cause a delay for someone on the list and they could be looked into further if trying to purchase a firearm. The San Bernardino couple used a 3rd party straw purchase.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Ours was <$100 from Walmart (Annin pole) and we use 16 of the 20 foot length. No problem w/ 2 flags, though I do take it down in super windy weather.

Thanks. I've seen those but wasn't sure how it would hold up. Now I know. Online outfits want want an arm and a leg.

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    Certainty this would never be abused, I mean they would never, ever, put everyone on a terror watch list except for the leadership cadre of the Demonrat Party, would they?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    &quot;Terror Watch&quot; Amendment

Talking to son in law last night. How hard would it be for FBI to take terror watch list and flag those names in NICS? At least it would cause a delay for someone on the list and they could be looked into further if trying to purchase a firearm. The San Bernardino couple used a 3rd party straw purchase.

They are flagged. The FBI currently receives an alert if someone on the "watch list" buys a gun. What they decide to do about it is on them. In the last 10 years, 2,477 alerts were received by the FBI as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Watch List Checkoff

White
    Male
    Conservative
    Catholic
    Republican
    Army Veteran
    MDS Member
    NRA Member and Owner of AR15 and M1A
    Nature Conservationist aka Climate Denier
    Hunter
    Fisherman
    Carnivore
    Anti-Illegal Immigration
    Trump Voter
    Fair/Flat Taxer
    Drives Gas Guzzlers
    Reads Books
    Knows the DOI plus COTUS Preamble and BOR
    Some Snowflake will think that I must be a real dangerous man and report me.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Talking to son in law last night. How hard would it be for FBI to take terror watch list and flag those names in NICS? At least it would cause a delay for someone on the list and they could be looked into further if trying to purchase a firearm. The San Bernardino couple used a 3rd party straw purchase.[/]

They are flagged. The FBI currently receives an alert if someone on the "watch list" buys a gun. What they decide to do about it is on them. In the last 10 years, 2,477 alerts were received by the FBI as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBI also makes a list of felons that try to purchase firearms ... and does NOTHING with it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

You're assuming that they're already IN NICS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom