• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are the rules on a non-MD resident currently residing temporarily in MD for assault weapons and pistols? And what if the person had come to MD before the ban but the assault weapon wasn't registered with MD yet?

These rules in MD are confusing as heck. Even the police officers at the 410# cannot answer these questions effectively. One Sgt said that out of state residents are merely transporting weapons temporarily so it's ok. That doesn't sound right to me...

Feedback from the forum?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    What firearms (ie. are any MD banned)? Were they possessed in MD prior to 10/1?

Feel free to PM me and we can discuss it if you would like.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What are the rules on a non-MD resident currently residing temporarily in MD for assault weapons and pistols? And what if the person had come to MD before the ban but the assault weapon wasn't registered with MD yet?

These rules in MD are confusing as heck. Even the police officers at the 410# cannot answer these questions effectively. One Sgt said that out of state residents are merely transporting weapons temporarily so it's ok. That doesn't sound right to me...

Feedback from the forum?

Are you planning on becoming a permanent resident or is this a TDY type assignment?

If it is a TDY type of assignment, you do not have to register any firearms. You just need to ensure that they were indeed purchased before Oct 1 for any firearms on the Banned list or that could be considered a copycat.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    If you owned said firearm before October 1st, 2013 you should be fine.

How long is temporary if we may ask? Long enough to establish residency or more like extra long vacation?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 241
    If you owned said firearm before October 1st, 2013 you should be fine.

How long is temporary if we may ask? Long enough to establish residency or more like extra long vacation?

I will keep keep my TX residency and office in TX and establish a rental home/office here in MD. All firearms were acquired well before the 10/1/13 time frame. ie. pre 2010.

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    I will keep keep my TX residency and office in TX and establish a rental home/office here in MD. All firearms were acquired well before the 10/1/13 time frame. ie. pre 2010.

If I were in your shoes I would consider storing most of my firearms safely in TX and bring only enough to provide me with a method to defend myself if, God forbid, I should need to.

Not trying to discourage you, but based on what has been going on here lately, I would rather be safe than sorry. We are a stone's throw away from being a totalitarian police-state in my honest opinion. Just my 2 cents.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I'd also keep some kind of "proof of non-residency on me at all times, just in case you get stopped or questioned. Remember, there are license plate readers everywhere now.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If MD finds you sleeping in the state more than 1/2 the year (183) in any given calendar year, they could find you are actually a resident and start taxing you.

Owning a home elsewhere is not the test. How many nights you spend in each state does.

Military has different rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom