• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    If you aren't born there you'll always be an outlander.

As said, plenty of fishing opportunities. Hunting as well. Not too far from Delmarva Sporting Clays (and rifle range). No traffic to speak of except during pony penning.

They were attempting to make Chincoteaque more touristy and so real estate went up around the area. A lot of that went bust. Broadband used to be a problem. I think they are finally putting fiber down from the north along rt. 13. Whether it makes it far off of there...?

Yeah, lots of chickens and chicken plants. Make sure if you buy you don't buy downwind.

Flat. Hurricane and tsunami risk.

Quite true, many locals have a real problem. Gotta remember before the Bay Bridge opened there wasn't but maybe a dozen sur names in the phone book. Many hate the development and farms going by the wayside. My wife worked at Salisbury U for a while and her boss told her it takes about 10 years to be accepted. :rolleyes: I think that woman was a victim of 300 years of selective inbreeding. Many of the local blacks can easily trace their roots back to the slave masters family. It's a closed social society in many instances but not all are that closed minded just some that won't let go.

Nov 1, 2011
    Night life? Funny. Mostly possum and raccoon. Very depressed area. Lots of shacks(homes) on thirty degree angles as they are consumed by the earth below. Too many pencil thin trails of smoke rising skyward from the shacks as folk try to stay warm burning road kill. Get a holt of some old video showing Berlin in the Spring of 1945 after the allied bombing raids. Lots of locals shuffling along the highway, shoeless and scratching themselves. If you like "homey" and poor, check it out. Not sure if there are any Realtors there. Good luck.

Nov 1, 2011
    Very good hideout should SHTF, point taken. Also, Port Deposit near the Conowingo dam. Troops would never go near either place. Try finding safe drinking water and fresh gas. Call me cynical if you wish, I just try to avoid horse flies the size of locust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom