• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    I saw it also. Thought of my neighbor (who does my website) since he has been unemployed for a while.

He just took a job in Frederick like the day before. His mom is realllly happy now!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I sent an email to that guy and suggested that he post here. Not sure if he will or if my email hit the spam folder.

dumapus

Sep 22, 2009
    Hi

Hi - I am the "dumapus" from the SigForum posting. Thanks for the ref to this board, I wasn't aware of it. In regards to the posting on SigForum, I work for a company in Hunt Valley that does Tech Support and some beta testing for different software apps and video games. We have been having issues finding applicants for the TS positions. I would rather not post the company name or the jds online but I would be happy to share if you want to send me an email to my personal address (dandersen0416 at comcast.net). I can send you a couple of job descriptions and the company website if interested. We are really desparate to find Spanish, Portuguese and French Canadian speakers with good technical backgrounds too. Our recruiter has been really working hard so I thought I would post to see if I could help out. Glad to post it here too.

Lots of good info on this site too! Thanks

dumapus

Sep 22, 2009
    Hey this might help, it is the generic job description with the spcific client name and company name removed. If you would like the company name, shoot me an email - Dave

Technical Support Representative (GPAV) (Hunt Valley, MD)

Are you looking for an exciting new position that allows you to combine your passions for technology and helping others? Read On!

e4e Business Solutions is an inbound call center providing technical support to end users of a variety of technology related products. We have immediate openings for Technical Support Representatives.

TSRs respond to inquires concerning product hardware, software and applications via inbound phone calls, emails or chat interactions. The Representative is accountable for customer satisfaction by achieving certain prescribed, measurable performance goals on a daily basis.

3 weeks of paid training provided.

Applicants must be available to train Monday – Friday between 9 AM and 6 PM for 3 weeks.

Applicants must be available to start by Monday, September 21st and must be available Monday through Friday, 7AM – 7PM.

Various full-time schedules are available after training. Operational hours are: Monday through Friday, 7 AM – 7PM.

Earn $11.00/hr + monthly performance bonus

Requirements:

Applicants must posses a high school diploma or equivalent, be able to type 30 words per minute, enjoy helping others and have a passion for technology.

Candidates should also have:
    • Experience in customer/technical support
    • Knowledge of networking configurations and protocols
    • Experience with a GPS and/or experience with flight simulation video games
    • Proficiency working in a Windows environment with multiple applications and navigation between applications
    • Intermediate knowledge of PC hardware and software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
    • Customer service orientation
    • Excellent oral and written communication skills
    • Aptitude to listen to caller’s description of problem; interpret, summarize and document
    • Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships

e4e is a casual and fun work environment. Wear jeans or whatever you are comfortable in. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance first of the month following date of hire, 401(k) as of day one, 15 days of paid time off (PTO) a year and more!

Compensation: 11.00 + monthly performance bonus
    Principals only.

ShiNNinG

Jul 14, 2008
    White Marsh
    Ah, yes, figured it was, I am only aware of one TS company for video games in HV. I used to work there when it was call AQ Inc. (10+ years ago). I can say that back then they were a fair company to work for, especially for a call center.

ozwyn

Ultimate Member
    Apr 21, 2008
    Richardson, Texas
    Hi - I am the "dumapus" from the SigForum posting. Thanks for the ref to this board, I wasn't aware of it. In regards to the posting on SigForum, I work for a company in Hunt Valley that does Tech Support and some beta testing for different software apps and video games. We have been having issues finding applicants for the TS positions. I would rather not post the company name or the jds online but I would be happy to share if you want to send me an email to my personal address (dandersen0416 at comcast.net). I can send you a couple of job descriptions and the company website if interested. We are really desparate to find Spanish, Portuguese and French Canadian speakers with good technical backgrounds too. Our recruiter has been really working hard so I thought I would post to see if I could help out. Glad to post it here too.

Lots of good info on this site too! Thanks

Hunt valley, video games? That's old Microprose software grounds. Big for flight sims and turn based strategy back in the day. Sid Meier (game designer, legendary for strategy)

kevin106

Jan 14, 2009
    I applied there in like 2004. Had interview and got the job but declined offer because I received a better offer else where.

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    Hey this might help, it is the generic job description with the spcific client name and company name removed. If you would like the company name, shoot me an email - Dave

Technical Support Representative (GPAV) (Hunt Valley, MD)

Are you looking for an exciting new position that allows you to combine your passions for technology and helping others? Read On!

e4e Business Solutions is an inbound call center providing technical support to end users of a variety of technology related products. We have immediate openings for Technical Support Representatives.

TSRs respond to inquires concerning product hardware, software and applications via inbound phone calls, emails or chat interactions. The Representative is accountable for customer satisfaction by achieving certain prescribed, measurable performance goals on a daily basis.

3 weeks of paid training provided.

Applicants must be available to train Monday – Friday between 9 AM and 6 PM for 3 weeks.

Applicants must be available to start by Monday, September 21st and must be available Monday through Friday, 7AM – 7PM.

Various full-time schedules are available after training. Operational hours are: Monday through Friday, 7 AM – 7PM.

Earn $11.00/hr + monthly performance bonus

Requirements:

Applicants must posses a high school diploma or equivalent, be able to type 30 words per minute, enjoy helping others and have a passion for technology.

Candidates should also have:
    • Experience in customer/technical support
    • Knowledge of networking configurations and protocols
    • Experience with a GPS and/or experience with flight simulation video games
    • Proficiency working in a Windows environment with multiple applications and navigation between applications
    • Intermediate knowledge of PC hardware and software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
    • Customer service orientation
    • Excellent oral and written communication skills
    • Aptitude to listen to caller’s description of problem; interpret, summarize and document
    • Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships

e4e is a casual and fun work environment. Wear jeans or whatever you are comfortable in. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance first of the month following date of hire, 401(k) as of day one, 15 days of paid time off (PTO) a year and more!

Compensation: 11.00 + monthly performance bonus
    Principals only.

What kind of salary are you realistically looking to make?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom