Taxing the 2A - $7184.00 to Carry in 44 States & D.C.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The NJ Identification Permit is hardly a CCW permit.

The Maryland Walk and Carry Course is $200.
    Where's your instructions, pics, or video showing the right process? Please share with the class.

Never said the NJ FID was a handgun carry permit. I said it's wise for NJ long gun transportation and that some NJ ranges demand you have it to shoot there. It also allows you to buy ammo in NJ. With the new training requirement in NJ it was wise for me to get it.

The NJ Carry Permit is quite usable even after the recent legislation. Judge Bumb is smacking down the states "off limit places".

The MD Carry class varies depending on where you take it from. None were available for $200 when I took mine (pre NYSRPA/Bruen). Cost can vary from $125-500 per student depending on who is teaching.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Excellent video. Thank you.

With the ongoing debt ceiling debate now is the time to raise concealed carry reciprocity to House and Senate representatives. Pragmatically speaking, I believe the debt ceiling will be raised. I don't like it, but historically every time this issue comes up the ceiling gets raised and we all take bite of the shitty debt sandwich. This time I'd like to get more liberty for the debt the next several generations will be forced to pay.

Representative Richard Hudson has filed the concealed carry reciprocity act in the House; and Senator John Cornyn has filed the equivalent in the Senate.

If anyone is active on social media or has relationships with 2A groups that are talking about concealed carry reciprocity with elected representatives in the House or Senate, in my opinion now is the time to push hard for this.

I believe that this issue can be incorporate into the debt ceiling debate and that the left would swallow the pill to get their money. And conservatives could argue for it because it adds no cost while simultaneously enfranchising rights and saving people a lot of money.

On twitter please look out for #ccreciprocity and #ccreciprocity4debtraise. If you're on social media it would not hurt the cause to amplify messages around this topic.

Thank you again, Clandestine. This video illustrates exactly why #ccreciprocity is so important.
    Very kind of you. Thank you.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I saw your video shared somewhere on Facebook prior to this post. One doofus commenting that this was "clearly done before Bruen". It's always amazing to me how ignorant people are of the red tape and laws and to some extent how Bruen can and will affect things. As if this guy believed Bruen did away with permitting all together

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I saw your video shared somewhere on Facebook prior to this post. One doofus commenting that this was "clearly done before Bruen". It's always amazing to me how ignorant people are of the red tape and laws and to some extent how Bruen can and will affect things. As if this guy believed Bruen did away with permitting all together
    The comments on social media are insane. The guy was definitely incorrect.

I acquired the NJ and MA after Bruen. I started the MA process before the Bruen ruling was released, but my in person appointment with the Massachusetts State Police was after Bruen.

I did get my MD and RI pre Bruen and those were approved because I was a FFL/Business Owner.

I'm sure you know this, but none of the fees for the permits I have changed after Bruen. Only thing that changed was "Justified Need".

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Everyone reading, please share this video with others, especially those that don't know a lot about #2A, the right to self defense and the right to carry.

Make sure to tell them you'd rather spend your money entertaining them, but, you know, .gov gots to get paid.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    Where's your instructions, pics, or video showing the right process? Please share with the class.

Never said the NJ FID was a handgun carry permit. I said it's wise for NJ long gun transportation and that some NJ ranges demand you have it to shoot there. It also allows you to buy ammo in NJ. With the new training requirement in NJ it was wise for me to get it.

The NJ Carry Permit is quite usable even after the recent legislation. Judge Bumb is smacking down the states "off limit places".

The MD Carry class varies depending on where you take it from. None were available for $200 when I took mine (pre NYSRPA/Bruen). Cost can vary from $125-500 per student depending on who is teaching.

Oh, excuse me, I thought the video was about permits. The NJ Identification Permit is required for NJ residents to purchase firearms.

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    Excellent, informative video. I subscribed. Thank you for all the work you put into this!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    ACLU normally represents the interests of the Ruling Class. They were trapped into supporting the Hurlbert brothers by their own rules.
    Bet the ACLU will "fix" their rules and not make that mistake again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom