• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil I Am

Sep 16, 2009
    Loudoun County, Virginia.
    Why can't our Republican reps introduce legislation to unglamourize violence? If a movie shows a handgun tax the producer 10 million. If the show an AR or such tax them 50 million. Do something similar to video games.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Part of the "fiscal cliff" deal handed Hollywood a HUGE tax break, worth some $500 million.

"Paying your fair share" doesn't apply to the pro-Democrat news/media/entertainment establishment.

When you hand money and profits to those who control the media, and thus control the message, you ensure that your party stays in control.

As long as movie studios and video game makers continue to make contributions to the Democrats, and the Democrats reciprocate by supporting them, they won't be touched.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Such a suggestion is ludicrous and unconstitutional.

Video Games are fantasy.
    Films and TV shows are fantasy.
    Comics are fantasy.
    Zero Dark Thirty, while based on real events, is still a fantasy.

Showing live reports of a gunman holed up in a cabin whilst engaged in a gunfight is not fantasy. Reporting about a gunman shooting up a movie theater or breaking into an elementary school and slaughtering children is not fantasy.

There is an inherent hypocrisy and a strange dichotomy in the media as we know it right now. Honestly, there is no better display of this than the dealings with the NFL. On one end, the NFL is being critiqued about being too violent. We hear of bounty scandals and horrendous injuries. On the other end, while watching a game, we'll see a player get absolutely laid out to the point of unconsciousness and then see the play shown over and over again, and then see it later on Sportcenter's highlight reels.

I think the problem is with the non-fictional things the media decides to report on, not the made-up fantasies that we experience when we play COD.

EDIT: I'll also add that suppressing the media in such a manner is no different than suppressing any other rights.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    As a Hardcore gamer, on with a 4k rig, every game system and of 400 games I have collected, I would not support such such an idea. Freedom of speech dude, I will not give up any on my rights, not even to make believe save another.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It might be ridiculous, but it would be the FASTEST way to get the ultra-liberal movie industry on our side!
    And the FASTEST way to further supersede our constitution.

I'm surprised that the poster of this thread and others who have thought this is a good idea does exactly the same as has been done to gun rights in this country. While there are restrictions on all of the rights that we have (you need to register to vote, the FCC puts limits on broadcasting, one cannot legally just up and buy a fully automatic uzi, etc...) , further trouncing upon others' rights should not be tolerated and declaring that this should be done is hypocrisy.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I forget which supreme court case said it but basically ya can't tax a right. Poll tax, gun licensing, etc. it would also KILL most minor productions in the film industry stagnating growth. Not to mention the 1st amendment issues.

Chaos_Being

Feb 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    As a Hardcore gamer, on with a 4k rig, every game system and of 400 games I have collected, I would not support such such an idea. Freedom of speech dude, I will not give up any on my rights, not even to make believe save another.

^ This.

I'm a gamer as well, I have been pretty much my entire life. I like to watch violent action movies too. And guess what...I'm a stable, well balanced and law abiding person. Games and movies are fantasy, and all too often made the scapegoats whenever some whackjob goes on a shooting spree. It used to be "oh, he/she played doom," now it's "oh noes, they played call of duty!" You can see and hear about more REAL violence on the 6 o clock news, every day.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Why can't our Republican reps introduce legislation to unglamourize violence? If a movie shows a handgun tax the producer 10 million. If the show an AR or such tax them 50 million. Do something similar to video games.

Yes, let's find another way for the government to tax us. STFU.

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    I get your point but it would be no different than what is currently happening to firearms

And that makes it OK?

Holy Cow. The Constitution includes more than the 2A. There are lots of other parts that are not supposed to be infringed upon, too.

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    I get your point but it would be no different than what is currently happening to firearms

That is EXACTLY the point, and you seem to have missed it. They are trying to infringe on our Second Amendment rights, you can't tell me that you think its not OK for them to do that and that it is OK to fight it by advocating infringing on our First Amendment rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom