• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Anyone have any hands on time with the SCR (“Steel Challenge Ready”) version of the TX22?

If so I am curious to hear your impressions.

I probably should’ve posted this question prior to just (moments ago) ordering one to my FFL from Dahlonega but, someone handed me one yesterday after a match was over and after the first mag I knew I was gonna git me one!

FLAT shooter and the trigger (esp the short reset!) was a most pleasant surprise!!!!

ETA:
    Found this interesting; anyone try these yet?

Our magazine extension will add nine rounds, making it a 25 round magazine:”

+9 Magazine Extension and Magazine Spring for Taurus TX22 Pistols​

We promised and we delivered. Introducing the Galloway Precision +9 Magazine Extension for the TX22 pistol. Made from carbon fiber reinforced nylon, this economical mag extension is no slouch in the engineering department, with the material being one and half times stronger than aluminum. Comes with a replacement Magazine Spring to insure proper feed of the additional rounds. Our new Magazine Spring is made for us by ISMI to our exacting standards. Our magazine extension will add nine rounds, making it a 25 round magazine now.

Last edited:

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    I looked at those and went to order one just to cut cost of shooting 22lr and to have something fun while recovering from surgery. If my strength comes back it might still be an option.
    The different options and models offered by Taurus on those is impressive. TX 22 Competition SCR .
    I last minute decided it was a little more gun than I wanted to deal with.
    I went with a Glock 44 just because it was in shop and just a "barebones" gun.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Anyone have any hands on time with the SCR (“Steel Challenge Ready”) version of the TX22?

If so I am curious to hear your impressions.

I probably should’ve posted this question prior to just (moments ago) ordering one to my FFL from Dahlonega but, someone handed me one yesterday after a match was over and after the first mag I knew I was gonna git me one!

FLAT shooter and the trigger (esp the short reset!) was a most pleasant surprise!!!!

ETA:
    Found this interesting; anyone try these yet?

Our magazine extension will add nine rounds, making it a 25 round magazine:”

+9 Magazine Extension and Magazine Spring for Taurus TX22 Pistols​

We promised and we delivered. Introducing the Galloway Precision +9 Magazine Extension for the TX22 pistol. Made from carbon fiber reinforced nylon, this economical mag extension is no slouch in the engineering department, with the material being one and half times stronger than aluminum. Comes with a replacement Magazine Spring to insure proper feed of the additional rounds. Our new Magazine Spring is made for us by ISMI to our exacting standards. Our magazine extension will add nine rounds, making it a 25 round magazine now.
    Did you get it. If so, please post a review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom