• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I'm seriously considering one of these as a carry gun when hiking, backpacking, hunting, fishing, and camping. It's one of those things where I will probably never need to use it, so it might as well be as light as possible, but also be able to stop a threat IF it is ever needed. For that reason I'm not concerned about recoil.

There are some good reviews around the web of this gun. I only found one bad review. Most people tend to knock Taurus in general or mention something totally different made by Taurus that their cousin's second grade teacher's aunt's hairdresser had that didn't function properly.

If you've ever shot a Taurus 444 ultralight titanium 44 mag, let me know what you think about it.

https://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=206&category=Revolver&toggle=tr&breadcrumbseries=RBM

Taurus_444_Multi_Raging_Bull_2-444049ULT_01.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I am not a huge Taurus detractor but a good rule to follow with Taurus, if its their own design, get something else, if their design is based off someone elses it should be fine. I am not in to revolvers so I do not know anything about that gun. But I do own a few Taurus pistols that were 1 offs from some other manufacturers design and they have been problem free.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Some quick research nothing too in depth looks to be a 1 off of S&W revolvers but again I do not know anything about revolvers. So hopefully some of the revolver guys posts.

I have attached a pic of the S&W Model 69 Combat Magnum

Attachments

• 10064_01_lg_1.jpg
      10064_01_lg_1.jpg
      14.7 KB · Views: 209

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The ergonimics and materials of the Taurus 444 seem close to the Smith 69. A quiery for the Smith 69’s shooting demeanor may turn up some useful info. A 28 ounce 44 Magnum is going to bite. The grip frame and grip seem conducive to taming it some. Good luck finding info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom