• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    First off please dont let this turn into bashing thread. I have never owned a Taurus and right now they are the only company making a snub 41mag on a 357 frame. I dont intend to run heavy loads in it probably stick to factory 175gr silvertips or 210gr gold dots. It also will be carried far more then its shot. Anybody have experience with one or a similiar taurus snub?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    You do know that on Taurus's site, that model shows as "Discontinued". How much support can you expect if you have an issue?

I would also suggest that you measure the length of the cylinder. There was one of their compact five shot revolvers that I was looking at, forget the caliber now, but a person on another forum said that one way Taurus got a nice small package was to make the gun with the shortest possible cylinder length. Certain handloads and factory loads would not fit.

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    I have two Taurus handguns, a Model 85 .38 snub and a Millenium 9mm auto. So far they have both been 100 percent with no issues and just all around good guns with any ammo I've put through them. I even selected the M85 over a S&W 637 because that particular M85 was nicer than the S&W in the display case. However, after reading many reviews online, I'm a bit hesitant to buy another because of their quality control issues. From what I've read it seems the wheelguns may be better than the autos.

To me, because no S&W is readily available I'd certainly go for the Taurus. I would just be sure to give it a good once over at the range with a few hundred rounds before I felt comfortable carrying it. Worst case, they have a lifetime warranty even if customer service isn't the best. Just my .02.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Ehh you guys all brought up good points. Still just dont know. The main reason I want a snub in 41mag is beacuse the only revolver caliber I own Is 41mag. I consolidated calibers years ago and really dont wanna go back to stocking up on another caliber. If Ruger would ever listen to my emails and make a sp101 or gp100 in 41 mag I wouldnt have this dillema.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom