• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dasaroth

Dec 3, 2007
    I got a few questions that i would liked answered if possible. Has anybody owned or shot a Taurus 24/7 Pro Long Slide .45 or a Taurus 24/7 OSS .45. First hand knowledge on this gun are hard to find it seems. All i can find are a friend of a friend has one. I would like to know how it shoots. and how it feels shooting in the hand. I fondled a couple a long while back and they feel nice in my hand. Also i heard about feeding problems in some of .45's did they ever fix that? Any things else that you would like to add would be greatly appreciated. thanks john k.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I know I'm going to get beat up for this and I don't want to hurt any Taurus owners feelings, but in general I would avoid ay Taurus polymer-framed autoloader. They have a reputation for being problematic. Also for not fixing problems correctly and having a slow turnaround time when folks send defective guns in under their "lifetime warranty."

I had a friend who had one of their 1911's and the front sight kept falling out of it. Apparently it had the wrong dovetail cut or something like that. He has sent it back in twice so far and it has not been fixed correctly. Rather than just replace the slide like many manufacturers would have done they keep trying to remill the dovetail. This seems to be a pattern with them, trying to fix warranty guns as cheaply as possible.

If I wanted a full size DA .45 I would just get a Glock 21 and not worry about mechanical headaches. It might cost 150 bucks more but you get what you pay for.

These are just my opinions. I'm sure others will have different ones and I respect that. ;)

IronicEnigma

Apr 6, 2008
    Abingdon
    I have the .40 24/7 Pro LS and love it, no problems with it yet. The .45s on the other hand I have also read that they have had feeding and stovepipe problems.

As far as fit, absolutely one of the most comfortable pistols I have ever shot.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I'm not a big Taurus fan, but I did rent a 24/7 .45acp at on Target a couple months back and put 100 rnds through it. It was really comfortable to shoot and I had no problem grouping. I didn't have a single misfire or jam the entire time I was using it.

I hate to say it, but, to me, it was more comfortable in my hand than the HK I shot or the *gasp* Sig. Though the XD was my favorite.

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    On target has a 24/7 I believe. A friend of mine brought an XD, PX4 and a 24/7 to the range one day for us to play with. The taurus was probably the most comfortable, but bad reviews scared me away. I went with the PX4. As for his, he said it was one of the first range sessions without any issues, but it was pretty new. Might have just been breaking in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom