• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Price reduction just in time for AK PMags to hit the street.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    They fit very well in many Ak's, much nicer than the steel mags. Very snug and wobble free, usually without fitting. Tapco sells some junk, and some decent items too. The AK parts generally lean to the decent side. $5 is very cheap for these. It's a shame we can't buy them.

I will say that I found it hilarious that their AK mags have an image of an AR-15 on their sides in the logo.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I'm waiting for the Pmags with the metal reinforcements, till then, I'm fine with Bakelite 30 rounders, Bulgarian polymer 40 rounders, Yugo bolt hold open mags, and Tapcos, in that order.

Never had a problem with the tapcos, and I've beaten those things to crap

For the record, glass filled nylon, and nylon in general, is EXTREMELY durable and tough stuff, it's what kevlar is made from, as well as being the generic term for Zytel, you know, that stuff that all those guns with polymer frames are made from that everyone thinks are so great and durable.

The only way I've ever seen a Tapco mag break was when it was severely cold- it had been sitting in a bag in an unheated cabin for nearly a month during the coldest new england weather I've ever experienced. And even then it took being literally used as a hammer to break the thing, I don't think it would be an issue in normal wear and tear scenarios, and also for the record, the mag still worked, the follower would just protrude out after all the rounds were out due to part of the feed lip on the right side being cracked off.

Since then (it was an early model magazine) Tapco reviewed their polymer recipe several times, making it more sturdy and rigid, as well as harder (IE, harder to scratch, abrade, or otherwise damage) and I've never had any problems with the new ones, and I use my mags HARD

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    in case you were wondering, I was using the mag to hammer a stake holding a target into the frozen ground, with my frozen hands gripping the frozen mag.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    tapco mags are very durable. the only thing they cannot withstand that a steel mag (or poly/steel lug) can is a drop straight down on the base. The mag release will shear the lug right off, but other than that they are very tough.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    always work great in my 47 as well. have had a few misdeeds but most likely just the steel crap ammo I have been feeding through it lately. never seems to do it with brass surplus rounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom