• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Keep it simple.

Plate carrier with four mag pouches and a med kit. Gives me 6 ar mags and one in the rifle. Then if need be carry an assault pack with camel pack in the bag. Maybe a field striped MRE and then a few more mags.

I don't like to have much on me in the field or in my bug out set up. You need bullets mags meds and water. You can last a while in that.

Just my two cents. I may be looking into those Tacos because as of right now I'm only setup for at, and I'd like to sable with ak.

Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    Thank again guys, all the info has helped point me off in a good direction I think. Looking at some of the HSGI belts. What's the difference in the rigger and duty belts? If Im thinking of getting their suregrip belt option, I need another belt under that to secure it?

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Thank again guys, all the info has helped point me off in a good direction I think. Looking at some of the HSGI belts. What's the difference in the rigger and duty belts? If Im thinking of getting their suregrip belt option, I need another belt under that to secure it?

Yeah, the padded belt does not come with an inner belt to secure it. Its more of a padded sleeve with molle attachment that slips over another belt. I use a Jones tactical 1.5 inch Cobra belt. I have also worn it with a Jones Fat Zombie 2 inch belt and I like the 1.5 a lot better than the 2. Make sure you follow the sizing instructions.

Duty is a flexible belt just made to hold your pants up. The riggers is a stiff belt that wont roll over with load and will provide more support.

I like this idea. Just the belt for the handgun and mags and the option of a vest rig with maybe some soft armor. Much appreciated.

Glad to help :) There are a lot of good belts out there nowadays. V-Tac and Grunt Gear make a couple of good MOLLE belts. I went with a Safariland belt and Eagle belt pad used in the EE on M4C. They've help up pretty well so far, but I don't do anything too crazy - a couple of training classes and light range use now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom