• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    For a scope, I have a Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36 on my Savage MarkII. Any reason not to use the same model here?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Glad you found the 77/22 at good price. I like the WMR, even more so in a full size revolver.
    However the Rem 597 is the exception. It was origionally designed as a .22WMR, and then engineered down for the .22lr . I don't have a Mag 597, but if one jumped in front of me when I had money in my pocket, my lr 597 would get a big brother.

just dont get one in .17 hmr whatever you do
    http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/safety-center/safety-warning-recall-notice.aspx

ZHammer

Pythonidae Fan
    Jul 5, 2009
    Bel Air, Md.
    Well, I found my rifle. After all the paperwork is done, this will be shipping from NM. It's a Ruger 77/22 RSM. Nice feature is the presence of actual iron sights, this model appears to be out of production, but I got a great deal. Thanks everyone for your input and thanks to Gun Connection for the advise and handleing the transfer.

Gee whiz joppaj, every item you've been posting lately is making my wish list longer as well. My obsession with firearms is ever increasing.

Congratulations on your find and nice choice sir!

:patriot:

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    ZHammer, you're always welcome to try the stuff out before you buy if we can co-ordinate range times.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I agree. It's a farm that we shoot at. They dig holes around the old building foundations, and there are cattle to be concerned with...I'd recommend 30 gr. cci, pretty devestating combined with good shot placement. take care.

p.s Check out this months issue of "Shooting Times" for a great write up on the .22 wmr caliber. Ballistics charts and game pictures...and stay away from winchester dynapoint, literally every other round failed to fire when I used it.

I never had an issue with FTFire, but they are heavy and group a LOT lower than other rounds tested.

zombiellama

zombiemerc
    Feb 7, 2010
    st marys
    i recently bought a .22wmr and i love it!!! it was mfrd. by excel arms and is called the accelerator rifle. its a very well machined firearm a lil on the heavy side tho.(understandable though cuz the whole thing is basically stainless steel) def was a good addition to the 22lr, 223, 7.62x39, 308, 30-06, and 45-70 in my safe. :)

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    zombie, I'm gonna need to see a picture of that. Sounds interesting.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Never heard of Excel Arms, but it's a really nice looking rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom