• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    Resurrecting this thread - PSA had a daily deal on a regular Shadow 2 for $899 so I finally "pulled the trigger" so to speak. Started paperwork on Wednesday so I'll upload a pic once I pick it up next week!

In the meantime I'm going to get an OWB holster for it, mostly for shooting at AGC. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have a couple of Vedder's for my Glocks that I like, but I'd like to get into some sort of competitive shooting eventually and am wondering if I should get something more geared towards competition.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Resurrecting this thread - PSA had a daily deal on a regular Shadow 2 for $899 so I finally "pulled the trigger" so to speak. Started paperwork on Wednesday so I'll upload a pic once I pick it up next week!

In the meantime I'm going to get an OWB holster for it, mostly for shooting at AGC. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have a couple of Vedder's for my Glocks that I like, but I'd like to get into some sort of competitive shooting eventually and am wondering if I should get something more geared towards competition.
    Probably think more system-ish. Meaning if you're going to shoot it in a match setting, you probably want a rigid match style rig so you can position maybe three mag holders and a holster with everything nice and solid on that belt. None of it looks like anything you can or would wear anywhere but at a match, but it really is better for that type of shooting. I love my Shadow 2, but of course I'm not going to be carrying it in any other context. So no need for multiple holsters, just rig up for match shooting and do it right.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville

Good deal

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland

Great score.
    I have a basic one from RHT that I used for USPSA. No complaints.
    Seconded. Of the holsters I have for my cz75s, I like my red hill tactical (RHT) for playing around and my galco combat master for carry. For game gear, RHT stuff is solid, durable, and highly customizable when you order.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    gnpfmp2mt5a61.png

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    I appreciate it fellas! The RHT stuff looks great. Does it make sense to get one of their packages with belt, holster, and mag pouches? Its pricey but would take a lot of the guesswork out of it.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I appreciate it fellas! The RHT stuff looks great. Does it make sense to get one of their packages with belt, holster, and mag pouches? Its pricey but would take a lot of the guesswork out of it.
    That's your call based on taste and sport.

I don't use their mag pouches because I run different guns depending on what I'm doing. I hate uspsa and I quit idpa a long time ago. I sold my "uspsa" belt, pouches, etc. FWIW, it was all CRSpeed stuff and I liked it.

Currently I use a Bianchi duty belt rig or an ex umbris belt with HSGI taco pouches because they will accommodate all the different pistol mags needed. Not as slick or fast as something like crspeed or RHT but it fits my use case. The ex umbris belt has a gcode mount so I can.swap out holsters at will. The Bianchi is set up for a glock34 only.

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    You do bring up a very good point, I think it would be nice to have pouches like you're talking about that could accommodate different kinds of mags if I wanted to run one of my Glocks or a 1911. I'll check out your suggestions too before making a decision.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    How does PSA handle the mags? Will they ship with no mags or send them to your FFL to block?

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    If I didn’t have match level 1911’s and prefered them Shadow 2 is what I would save lunch money for. I have been fighting the urge to buy one anyway.

Honest Outlaw, one of the best gun reviewers out there and has a youtube channel is a worthwhile view. He did one or two on the S2 and mentions it from time to time in other videos. FWIW, his posts are all meat, no potatoes.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I picked up a shadow 2 on the same Black Friday deal.
    Have you picked out a holster for your yet? Based on this thread I am looking at the RHT mentioned above. I was curious if you bought and what you thought are on the holster.

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    Have you picked out a holster for your yet? Based on this thread I am looking at the RHT mentioned above. I was curious if you bought and what you thought are on the holster.
    I haven't bought a holster yet unfortunately, sorry! I do think I'm pretty much set on getting the red hill tactical one when I do scoop one up though.

Have you shot your Shadow 2 yet? I've put about 250 rounds through mine so far and man I am in love. One of those rare times where a product absolutely lives up to the hype.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I use a RHT holster for my Shadow 2 and it is a very high quality well made product. You won't be disappointed.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I haven't bought a holster yet unfortunately, sorry! I do think I'm pretty much set on getting the red hill tactical one when I do scoop one up though.

Have you shot your Shadow 2 yet? I've put about 250 rounds through mine so far and man I am in love. One of those rare times where a product absolutely lives up to the hype.
    I ordered the RHT holster today. I called and they talked me throughout what I needed and what I didn’t for what I will do with it. I will let you know what I think about it when it comes in 5 weeks from now.
    They do have a lower cost (and quality) holster and 2 mag holder package that is ready to ship depending on what you want to do with it.

I put 20 rounds through it on the way home from picking it up. I have this week off work and had planned on getting some range time in. Between the rain and sick kids I doubt it will happen this week.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I use a RHT holster for my Shadow 2 and it is a very high quality well made product. You won't be disappointed.
    Thank you! I ordered the competition holster from them today.
    I mentioned to them on the phone they should join this forum as they are located in Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom