• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    Hi everyone-

I am going to visit a good friend in the Roanoke area. I plan on filling out a 5320.20 (assuming pre-approval) for an informal target shoot on private land as well as bringing my paper in the Franklin County, Va area of a really free state :).

Looking for folks who have done the same thing:

1) Anyone know of any issues with the VSP? I know they have the "Uniform" MG law in this state. Looking for anyone who has had experience with this before.
    2) I will likely take some suppressors and AOW's with me and understand that the 5320.20 is only for machine guns, DD's and SBR and SBS. Is that against anyone's experience? This is the first time I have taken NFA out of this state.
    3) Provided I submit this in duplicate, signed in ink to the ATF/NFA branch, any idea on how long the approval takes?

Thanks.

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    My last 5320 form took a little over 2 weeks for approval. You should be fine with the suppressors and AOW's. No additional paperwork needed. Just have a copy of your form 4's.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I keep my original in a safe like the irreplaceable document it is. I carry full color copies everywhere I go to prove I have paid my "tax".

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    My last 5320 form took a little over 2 weeks for approval. You should be fine with the suppressors and AOW's. No additional paperwork needed. Just have a copy of your form 4's.

Thanks Mch28 - That is what I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom