• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zyo81

Jan 6, 2013
    Tackle box just called me and said they are clearing their backlog and I can pick up my firearm. I asked if they were doing the 8 day release now and they said that they were. They said they are running out of room and losing business to other ffls that were already releasing early.

Bushwood

Farm Raised
    Jan 27, 2013
    The Dena
    How is the ammo selection at the tackle box? I havent been down in years, but I plan on shooting down on the family farm this weekend, would be nice to be able to find some .380!

zyo81

Jan 6, 2013
    How is the ammo selection at the tackle box? I havent been down in years, but I plan on shooting down on the family farm this weekend, would be nice to be able to find some .380!

The selection is decent but pricey depending on the caliber.

Bushwood

Farm Raised
    Jan 27, 2013
    The Dena
    If anyone stops by the tackle box and sees any .380 fmj and would like to pick up a box for me it would be greatly appreciated. I could meet on Saturday anywhere in st Mary's.

Navyblue

May 30, 2013
    Calvert
    I just call the Tackle Box to find out what their process would be for pick ups. The gentleman I spoke with said they are working through the backlog with the oldest first and to wait for a phone call from them before coming in.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    If anyone stops by the tackle box and sees any .380 fmj and would like to pick up a box for me it would be greatly appreciated. I could meet on Saturday anywhere in st Mary's.

380 is hard to find, but I have enough that I could part with a box if you are in the hurt locker for it. I'm in Southern St. Mary's and have a pretty tight schedule, but if we can work it out....

PM me.

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD

Prince Frederick walmart had prob 20 boxes of .380 Tula (brass) yesterday. Wish i would of read this yesterday i could of grabbed a few.

TrevorWills

May 20, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Even if though they're releasing after 8 days I still wouldn't buy a gun from them. Even with all the new shops opening up they're still priced as if they're they only gun in town.

mitternacht

Apr 13, 2009
    I don’t think they are doing “pre-MSP not-disapproved” releases. I stopped in there and they said I’ll probably have another 4+ weeks to wait, which is 90+ days from purchase date.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Just got the call to pick up the ATI Omni lower I purchased on 04/11/2013!
    81 Days!
    Gonna build my pistol on July 4th in celebration of our country's independence!!

zyo81

Jan 6, 2013
    So since I originally posted I have purchased a firearm from Tackle Box, probably 10+ days ago, have been in several times and they refuse to release. Their own employees apparently still have firearms tied up since May. They told me they are on their backlog from mid April. That's the same thing they told me when I bought the firearm. They said they have a problem with their backlog people "not showing up" to pick up their guns, and instead of calling more people, they just sit on it.

My guess is that they are releasing the bare minimum to free up storage, and telling people they are doing 8 day release just so they don't lose the business. I hear them tell everyone that asks about wait times "four weeks for us to go through our backlog". But they make no progress.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Bout damn time.....I don't use them for this reason...they are ALWAYS weeks behind their comptetition when it comes to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom