• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I know that at one point, a number of people into RC helicopters swore by Militec. I have a small bottle.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Get it right. It is CANOLA oil, not just ANY vegetable oil.

:D

And yes, it is Fire Clean.

And Lord Chat actually LIKES Fire Clean, some SOME uses.

The current wares are not doing the same things. The older stuff seemed to help prevent carbon lock. The last 2 bottles I bought are not doing that. The expiration date is also not on the bottles anymore.

I dumped it out. No more fireclean. :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I know that at one point, a number of people into RC helicopters swore by Militec. I have a small bottle.

It's funny what people swear by. Sure, it's worked for them. N=1. It probably doesn't matter what you use, as long as you maintain your firearm. Most of us are not putting our guns through torture tests. They go to the range, they get cleaned. We'll never wear them out.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It's funny what people swear by. Sure, it's worked for them. N=1. It probably doesn't matter what you use, as long as you maintain your firearm. Most of us are not putting our guns through torture tests. They go to the range, they get cleaned. We'll never wear them out.

Not just one, a LOT of people tried it in lubing RC helicopters and had good luck with it.

But different application. This was for a shaft rotating in a bushing at fairly high RPM. Nothing like firearms.

Just because a product does not work in X application, does not mean it is junk. It may work great in Y application.

Like canola oil. Seems to work well on firearms, but gives me a massive case of the trots, so not so good for cooking. :D

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    It is interesting how everyone has their favorites. I've been using FP-10
    on the slide rails of my semi-autos for years. The below link is a FP-10 lube test with 3 other products. The brand names have been covered up however I believe Lube#1 is RemOil, Lube#2 is Hoppes. Don't know what #3 is?? This is a 7.5 minute video. Enjoy and comment if you like!!

It is a "Shooters Choice" produced video, so it will be biased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCPg8mS_7wM

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom