• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    My wife and I just moved to the Sykesville area and I've been looking for a new mechanic shop to service our vehicles at. I prefer to go to the local shops and support local businesses. Anyone know of a good mechanic that you trust and does good work?

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Eldersburg Car Care which is on Liberty Rd. close to Rt 32 and is just across the street from the Baptist Church.

Ask for Fred.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I have dealt with the Midas place, and Mr. Tire. I'll spare the details - suffice to say, I won't go back to either one of them.

I have been using Bay Area Tire & Service, on Rt. 32 across from Safeway, for the past 5 or 6 years. They aren't perfect, but they have been pretty good.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Another option is C&A Automotive on Rt 26 across from the Arby's and behind the NAPA autoparts just east of 32.

I have been to them several times and had good experiences.

spiffy

Oct 31, 2009
    I have a great Honda guy but its up Rt 27 before Westminster...and i just found a Toyota guy is opening a shop in Taylorsville.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    Thanks for the recommendations, fellas. I'll check these places out. The project manager that built our home recommended Lou Mielke's Car Care off of 32 near 91. I got the oil in my Acura changed there with no complaints.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Thanks for the recommendations, fellas. I'll check these places out. The project manager that built our home recommended Lou Mielke's Car Care off of 32 near 91. I got the oil in my Acura changed there with no complaints.

Funny coincidence. I just invited his relative Doug Mielke, a former coworker, to go with me to Marriottsville for some AR joy.

Gino z32

that car guy
    May 17, 2011
    Bennsville, MD
    My brother runs the shop at Car Finders of MD, it's off Liberty road (rt 26), very cheap labor rates, and pretty much can do ANYTHING (I worked there with my before I got into the police academy). It's a family run dealership with a newly opened shop (and they evevn have a body guy). Great people to deal with, will do anything to make the customer happy.

taidickerson

Sep 26, 2009
    Annapolis
    If you ever wanted to make the drive down south I have a great mechanic. I was burned 3 times before I finally found a good shop when I moved here. Good luck with your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom