• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Anyone have recommendations for a source for decent quality table-model sword display stands? I have 3 original Japanese swords (Mantetsu-to katana, wakizashi and a cavalry sabre) that need a stand for display. The ones on Amazon, for example, seem pretty rickety from the reviews.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Did you check Asian World of Martial Arts?

Nope, just Amazon and Kult of Athena. The one on AWMA looks pretty good, so I went ahead and ordered it. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the suggestion.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Nope, just Amazon and Kult of Athena. The one on AWMA looks pretty good, so I went ahead and ordered it. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the suggestion.

I had a Samurai set from them hen I was a kid that came with a stand, it was pretty nice.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    The stand arrived today, no tools needed to assemble. Plus, it disassembles readily for transport. Here's how it looks with the swords. Yeah, I guess it's kind of odd to display a cavalry sabre with a katana and a wakizashi, but at least they're all Japanese originals.

Bryan

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
      pic1.jpg
      31.6 KB · Views: 101

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Not sure if etiquette matters or not to you but Japanese swords should be displayed with the handles on the left side when facing them unless during times of war.

Yes, it does matter to me when they'll be out for show and tell at local events. Thanks for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom