• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    After MANY years of searching, I finally found a ZFK55 that suited me and it arrived today. I almost didn't buy it as it doesn't have the scope can but the overall condition (the finish on these is usually well worn) trumped the missing can. As is usual for Simpson's, the description was conservative and what I actually received was better than described. While I can't call it unissued, the marks it does have could be there from all the years of storage so I'll just call it barely used. Just as was the case with my AMT, he barrel and all metal has a light film of Automatenfett applied for storage. Part of what I like about buying from Simpson's is the fact that they leave them just as Mr. Simpson himself found them in Switzerland. This assures that you are getting a pure product that hasn't been enhanced in any way. Anywho, the stock looked so good when I saw it that I was afraid it may have been either replaced or refinished. The nice folks at Simpson's assured me that was not the case and I'm pleased to report that they don't seem to have been fibbing! I didn't take the action out of the stock (nor will I) but I did remove the hand guard to make sure that it matched. I'll take a bunch of much better pictures later and do a short "in detail" thread on the rifle but here are a few initial photos:

I'm not used to seeing Swiss butt plates with most of the bluing still intact:

Crisp cartouche on the stock:

Crisp checkering too:

Pretty rear sight:

I wish all Swiss rifles had locking screws for the trigger guard:

The FG42 derived muzzle device is the coolest part of the entire rifle:

I'll probably never shoot this one but it's going to be VERY tempting.....:)

Jul 1, 2012
    Very sweet.
    I've only bought a few things from Simpson but each has been better than described.
    Nice having an importer that is also a collector and understands.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Wow... if you won't shoot it, do let me! Very beautiful rifle and a great pick-up. I might want to add this to my list to collect someday.

Feb 28, 2013
    That'a a hell of a find.:thumbsup:

Looks like a damn fine huntin' shooter. Ya gotta shoot it at least once to see how accurate it is.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Congrats on a very nice Swiss rifle !
    Last one I saw in that condition with the # matching scope can was $4,500.00 and I have seen them sell for as much as $5,200.00 so I never really thought about getting one.
    Guess I will just have to be happy with my K-31 ;)

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Just have to ask. I've never had my paws on one so....Is it a cheek weld or more of a chin weld on the stock ?
    I only ask because the scope looks high like an AK scope mount.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    More of a chin weld. The eye relief is rather short too so you have to stretch a bit the get a proper sight picture.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    So beautiful... I really want one of these, but have no reason to drop that much coin on it! Gorgeous though.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sling1

Provocative Interloper
    Nov 25, 2009
    Frederick
    Nice! It looks really nice! I really like buying from Simpsons and they have great documentation on their website. Congrats on such a fine rifle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom