• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Samco Global has beech stock K-31's with cracked stock. $270 for very good condition. They also have 'special select' for $290. They also have ones with walnut stock as well. Not sure how hard the stocks are to find or if the stocks are repairable. I think someone here mentioned they bought one and it wasn't bad at all.

https://www.samcoglobal.com/1-k31.html

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Samco Global has beech stock K-31's with cracked stock. $270 for very good condition. They also have 'special select' for $290. They also have ones with walnut stock as well. Not sure how hard the stocks are to find or if the stocks are repairable. I think someone here mentioned they bought one and it wasn't bad at all.

Thanks for that tip! As soon as my C&R finally arrives I'll hit them up.

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    There were some guys over on surplusrifleforum talking about the cracked stocked ones from Samco. Many of them couldn't even find the cracks they were referring to. Very tempting. Maybe after my Powerball win this weekend...

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    If you're on the fence on this, get off of it and get some. The K31 is my favorite bolt-action surplus, and it's so easy to mount a scope on it w/out drilling/tapping with the Swiss Products mount. And spring for the bayo. It is a couple of inches short of a sword, and it's the best looking rifle blade I've ever seen.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011

Attachments

• DSCF4799.jpg
      DSCF4799.jpg
      76.1 KB · Views: 532

DennisCA

I spoke to SAMCO a few months back about the cracks, according to SAMCO - they are hairline cracks.
    FYI - Simpson Ltd has a decent collection of Swiss rifles

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I've bought ammo from Samco several times, no problems shipping to MD.
    I live in Montgomery County, MD. In 2010 they refused to ship me a Swiss K-31 and 480 rounds of ammunition. I shared this on this board during the time and others who do not live in MoCo reported receiving rifles and ammunition from them. Maybe things have changed and now they are shipping to MoCo.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I got my K31 at a gun show but did get my last shipment (April) of GP11 from SAMCO. They were weeks to fulfill the order including a phone call to verify my DL after I'd emailed them already.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    As far as ammo goes Samco still has a decent deal going. GP11, 7.5x55, 480 sealed case for $234. Two or more and they are under $230. It's a nice looking tab sealed case too.

Wideners just posted they just got in the same GP11 in as well but it's $258 for the same case.

GP11 is NC and BE primed.

Samco ammo:
    https://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammo-75-swiss.html

Wideners ammo:
    http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=4792&dir=18|830|855

I purchased two 480 round cases the day before yesterday and uploaded a .pdf of their ammo form certifying that I'm >=21 and my license yesterday AM. Still no word on shipping and they haven't charged my card yet.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    I purchased two 480 round cases the day before yesterday and uploaded a .pdf of their ammo form certifying that I'm >=21 and my license yesterday AM. Still no word on shipping and they haven't charged my card yet.

Do you have a 03 on file with them? If so they don't need an ammo form.

Samco does take a bit to ship though but all has been decent stuff.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Do you have a 03 on file with them? If so they don't need an ammo form.

Samco does take a bit to ship though but all has been decent stuff.

Sadly, I don't have my C&R yet. I applied for it in early March, still haven't received it. I'm getting this ammo for the K31 I want to get from them as soon as I get my C&R. I might even get some of this ammo as an investment, it looks like high quality, non-corrosive stuff and surplus won't last forever. Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Update: cc charge pending!!!

waterdog

I have purchased several guns from them.
    Last one was a Yugo mauser. Nice gun with a barrel that was so shiny i would swear it was chromed.
    On the flip side, I ordered a Spanish mauser last SEPTEMBER and have not received it yet. They tell me its still on order (right...) and they are waiting for there supplier. Last time i called, they said they still expect them in someday. I asked, really? are they coming in or have you just cancelled my order. They said i was in cue, I could have built from scratch at this point.
    Dont send them emails cos thy will NEVER respond.
    If i didnt know better, it sounds like that place is run from the back of a laundramat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom