• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    How hard is ammo to find?
    Right now it is all over the place. Rounds run about 48 cents each for a .308 equivalent that is match quality.

Here's where you can find it: http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.5+Swiss

I buy mine in 480 round black cased packs:

a75swiss1.jpg

Aim Surplus has the best deal on ammo right now:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A75Swiss&groupid=36

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    aims current price is one of the best prices ive seen in a while on these, and they have bayonets for a great price too.

definitely a great time to grab one if you were thinking about it.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Very accurate rifle, I love mine. Only down side is cost of ammo but the Swiss stuff is super accurate. For 230 they are a steal

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Very accurate rifle, I love mine. Only down side is cost of ammo but the Swiss stuff is super accurate. For 230 they are a steal

a steal? no, i cant call it a steal if only because i got mine for $70 from aim 4-5 years ago.

THAT was a steal, it was a "shooters special" but for the life of me i cat tell what made it a shooters special, the stock finish was worn, but thats common on k31's, everything else was pristine.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Great rifles, get them while you can, I got most of mine for 99.00 years ago,this tiger striped one cost me 200.00. It's a 1943.
    Skyline127.jpg

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    sell me, guys.

why should this be my next C&R gun? why is it worth $230? I've never even handled one I don't think, so I guess I don't see what all the hubbub is about. convince me this is what I want I guess is what I'm asking.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    sell me, guys.

why should this be my next C&R gun? why is it worth $230? I've never even handled one I don't think, so I guess I don't see what all the hubbub is about. convince me this is what I want I guess is what I'm asking.

they're built like a fine watch while still simple reliable and rugged.

they are some of if not the most accurate of the old military surplus battle rifles.

they have an interesting straight pull action that is really cool and fun to shoot.

and many of them actually have a tag under the buttplate with the name, city and unit of the soldier who it was last issued to, using this info, a lot of people have actually corresponded with the actual soldier that carried their rifle, which is pretty amazing.

even at todays prices they are an incredible deal, it will be money well spent.

as well when you consider the numbers, 15 million k98's were made, 6 million garands, 6 million m1 carbines, 17 million enfields of all kinds, 35 million mosins of all kinds. etc etc.

there were only ever a total of around 500,000 k31's built, in the grand scheme of things they're uncommon and as the retailers run dry the value will only go up.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    What eddiek2000 & Chaunsey said.:thumbsup:

Many years ago I came across an inexpensive 1896/11 Schmidt Rubin . At the time it was one of the most unusual rifles I'd ever seen. The more I read about it the more I learned about other Swiss rifles, their history and their legendary accuracy.

A couple of years ago I purchased a K31 from SOG. I reload for most of my rifles. The K31 was a beast to learn to reload for, but it was worth the effort. For me it's economical to shoot, accurate and unique. I wish I had the funds to add more Swiss rifles to my safe.

Unlike Mosin's (no telling how many thousands are still in crates out there), the supply and availability of K31's will dry up and they will only go up in price. For the price at AIM today, it's a no-lose C&R opportunity. Like the M57's and P-64's from SOG lately, it's almost a must do before they evaporate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom