• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I got new glasses. My vision was already ok at 20/30. Had Lasik back in 2001. Dr said it would be a waste of $$ to do lasik right now so gave me an Rx for glasses for shooting and my other outdoor sports. I use a punched hole in electrical tape to give me focus better on the sights, but with the new Rx my shooting is much better.
    My first time shooting fixed @ 100yds I was shooting low and left. Left cause the front sight needed adjusting and low cause I was not getting a good sight picture that was fuzzy to me.
    On the first paper today, I was adjusting the windage by punching the front sight down to move it left. My elevation was not all the way back too I noticed. Then I shot a group and was totally happy.
    The 2nd paper, I was rushing the shots and when I slowed things down and took more care, it was better again.
    This was with scope totally off the gun, The aluminum clamp on mount left no scratches or even notion that it had been on. I know the rifle is accurate cause I've planted 3/4" groups with it several times with the scope. I'm excited to shoot this with the stock sights again and with more GP11 coming in tomorrow, this will be a good rifle to keep working on my shooting w/ Fixed sights.

If anyone has not yet tried the eyepal or similar pin hole method. Here is a pic too of my glasses with punched hole electrical tape. This was the last one on my tape roll I had pre-punched. I think this one is larger than normal. I"ll have to check. With enough light, I find the smaller one works better. WORLD of difference getting a focus on the sights with the pinhole tape on the glasses.

Attachments

• k31FirstFixed.jpg
      k31FirstFixed.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 223
    • IMG_1186.jpg
      IMG_1186.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 244
    • K31NewGlasses1.jpg
      K31NewGlasses1.jpg
      80.5 KB · Views: 229
    • K31NewGlasses2.jpg
      K31NewGlasses2.jpg
      77.3 KB · Views: 232
    • IMG_1184.jpg
      IMG_1184.jpg
      82.5 KB · Views: 248
    • IMG_1185.jpg
      IMG_1185.jpg
      61.4 KB · Views: 234

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Nice shooting! I've been playing with the irons at 200 and I'm actually amazed how well it groups.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm hoping that a K31 will be my first C&R purchase when I get my license (hopefully in the next week or two) but I haven't seen any in stock anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom