• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I wish it was possible to bring full auto C&Rs across the border from Canada. Alas, not to be. All I can do is drool all over my keyboard over these cool items coming up to auction...

Canadian built prototype of British EM-2 Bullpup - Amazing, didn't know any of these survived!
    Canadian C2A1 "heavy barrel" - Canadian Inch Pattern version of the FAL
    Canadian C1A1 - With rare Leitz scope (that scope is probably worth $1500 alone).
    Lanchester SMG - Beautiful between the wars British SMG. A copy of the German MP28 (if you're going to copy something, pick a winner).
    Beretta Model 1938a - A classic SMG that was a favorite of German troops. Love the dual FA/SA trigger design.
    Beretta 38/42 SMG - An easier to manuf. design based on the 1938a with cool fluted and compensated barrel.
    Webley Fosbery! - Need I say more. This is the handgun for a steampunk novel. Good enough for shooting Miles Archer in the Maltese Falcon. Gotta love the concept of a semi-auto revolver.

There's lots more like a PPsh 43, SIG AMT, you name it. Frustrating and mesmerizing at the same time.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Seriously, our armed forces need to go on strike. Canada is like a million times better than the US right now.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    dont put on the moose skins just yet.

there is a reason those are so cheap, no one can buy them.

not in canada, not in the US.

only specially licensed movie makers, law enforcement and some gun companies, can buy full auto in canada.

we actually have it better here, atleast here if you have deep enough pockets you can buy a machine gun.

people have been drooling over these canadian marstar machine gun ads for years, but it will never be, maybe one day we'll repeal the hughes amendment and the flood gates will open and we will all rejoice in the full auto goodness, but for now thats just a dream.

canada does NOT have it better than us.

semi auto and handguns are regulated and licensed, handguns with barrels under a certain size are basically banned, they only just got rid of their long gun registry, thats something i guess.

prices on most things are much worse than the US, its only the stuff we've got an embargo on that they have cheap.

there are only 2 things canada has that im jealous of.

#1 is cheap SVT's, and thats a biggie, but i do already have an SVT so im not complaining too hard :D

#2 is unregulated mortars, see a mortar is just a tube with a pin at the bottom for the primers to hit, the rounds are regulated of course as they are here in the US, but regulating a tube with a pin in it is silly, so canadians can buy non demilled mortars, and then they can make blackpowder rounds to launch from them. i would love to try that.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    canada does NOT have it better than us.

But they have free health care! Oh, wait, because of Kenyacare we have free health care. But now my free health care isn't free, in fact, it costs me more and I get less.

Why shouldn't I move to Canada again?

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Canada has much less crime than we do, free medical care and a much better employment and fiscal picture than here. And because they are not trying to run the world they seem not to have much terrorism issues there.....

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Nobody has "free" medical care. Somebody pays for it. My dad used to say that if you get something you didn't pay for, somebody else paid for something they didn't get.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    At least I know I can't buy these. It's not like Sarco that publishes C&R ads in Shotgun News and then won't sell to C&R holders...

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    What exactly is the issue with importing SVT40s anyway? I've never understood why they're not allowed and SKS and Saiga rifles are.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Nobody has "free" medical care. Somebody pays for it. My dad used to say that if you get something you didn't pay for, somebody else paid for something they didn't get.

Doesn't matter if it is "free" when you wait over a year for an MRI and months for an appt for test for possible life threatening disease... You end up paying for it

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Don't forget they can also get the Norinco M1As and the new AIA Enfields.
    All I do know is that Canadian EM-2 is soooo rare and probably belongs in a museum if not my safe. The grandfather of the modern bullpup. Me likey!

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    What exactly is the issue with importing SVT40s anyway? I've never understood why they're not allowed and SKS and Saiga rifles are.

The U.S. and Russia entered into what is called the "Voluntary Restraint Agreement" with regard to importation of firearms into the U.S. The ATF has created regulations to implement this agreement. Other than a list of enumerated C&R rifles (the SVT is NOT on the list, the M91/30 is) and other sporting arms, certain categories of firearms are prohibited from importation to the U.S. These categories include firearms manufactured in the former Soviet Union.

Click here for details.

There is no "5 year storage loophole" on this prohibition. An SKS made in the USSR in 1950 and shipped to Egypt a week later cannot be imported into the U.S. An SVT can sit in Canada until He!! freezes over and it still cannot come into the U.S.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The thing they do have there is that a lot of factory built short bbl shotguns are treated just like regular shotguns.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have a good friend that lives in Canada. He said it's a major process to own a handgun. It's not easy to own other stuff as well.

They have a huge sales tax and intrest on their mortgages are not tax deductible. Gas is almost twice what we pay here and they are the largest supplier of oil to the USA.

And WTF is an automatic revolver? I don't know, but I now want one....

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    I have a good friend that lives in Canada. He said it's a major process to own a handgun. It's not easy to own other stuff as well.

They have a huge sales tax and intrest on their mortgages are not tax deductible. Gas is almost twice what we pay here and they are the largest supplier of oil to the USA.

And WTF is an automatic revolver? I don't know, but I now want one....

look up the webley fosberry. the only automatic revolver i believe, unless you consider the dardick, but thats not really what id consider a proper revolver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom