• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Apologies for newbie question...I have recently submitted my app for a C&R license...provided it makes it thru the bureaucratic hoops and I were to receive it, can I then purchase with a C&R, a SW Victory revolver? Is a Victory considered C&R eligible (and not a regulated firearm)? Thanks for your patience...s

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    According to what I've read, the Victory Smith & Wesson was produced from 1942-1944. It's over 50 years old, so qualifies as C&R. Assuming you're looking at an out-of-state seller, you can use a C&R license to purchase. If seller is in Maryland, the C&R license is not used. It's a regulated firearm and you have to go through all the MD bells and whistles.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    WWII production, right?

300% C&R. Good to go.

As stated, you can import it directly from out of state, shipped from a dealer or seller in another state.

If you buy it in Maryland, it has to go through the whole 77r, 100 day wait, etc.

But in any case, you have to log it into your Bound Book no matter how you acquire it.

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    Not true. If you buy it from an ffl without using your c&r you do not have to log it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Oh yes you do!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any C&R-eligible firearm which comes into or leaves your possession during the period your license is in effect must be logged in and/or logged out.

Doesn't matter how you acquire it.

In fact, that 65 year-old .22 that belonged to your Grampaw, the one you shot tin cans with when you were a kid- if you sell it, you have to log it in (acquired from "personal collection"), then immediately log it back out.

Federal prisons are bulging with crufflers who screwed up on that rule.

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    I was missinformed and looks like I need to log some things. As I have never used my c&r for anything

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Quick, before they kick down your dog and shoot your door!

You're "using" your C&R just by breathing. You are a Federal Firearms Licensee. Stand proud.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Not true. If you buy it from an ffl without using your c&r you do not have to log it.

You do have to log it. You are licensed and do not have the option of turning that designation on and off.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's why I've hung back from C&R . Too many of my *normal* items would be technically covered .

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    No big deal. You would only log them in if you sold them. If you think about it, it's kind of a crazy exercise in bureaucratic silliness.

When your license expires after three years, don't renew it. You can then shred your old Bound Book. Wait six months and get another license.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    That's why I've hung back from C&R . Too many of my *normal* items would be technically covered .

Book entries are simple. Takes me less than five minutes per gun. In MD, there's no good reason not to get a C&R at this point, especially come Oct 1st. While much of the conversation in the C&R forum here is confined to low-rent surplus guns, there are tons of other options that most gun collectors would love to have, provided one's wallet allows. Delivery straight to your door and/or true cash-and-carry are icing on the cake.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not withstanding the pre Oct 1 purchases , most of my intrests have production dates spanning the rolling 50yr. And I would usually seek out 1950s and earlier production. For the better workmanship , and better quality wood used in basic guns.

At this point I will be monitoring for post Oct pushback against C&R activities.

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    Logging doesn't seem very hard and I already keep a electronic inventory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom