suspended for saying "Gun"- Parent considers federal suit against Calvert schools-

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The 2A is the only Right specifically enumerated in the Constitution which is not protected by the 1A.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The schools 'might' be able to get away with that in MoCo and PGCo, but 'Culvert County', home of Louis Goldstein ... NEVER.

Incrmentalism takes on many shapes and forms ...

In this case, the bus driver with little common sense and less understanding of rights, even those extended to an 11yo, decided that he would prevent a non-existent situation. Compounded by the fact that after he reported same, the Sheriff and County BoE called in the 'uh-oh squad' and it snowballed from there. Sensitivities regarding Sandy Hook were being played-up by Owe'Malley and the media, and that caused them to lose all perspective while hysteria reigned.

:omg:

SUE THE BASTARDS so they use their heads (and the law) next time. It's the ONLY way they will learn. No Pain, No Gain :mad54:

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Hope he sues them all personally and wins big.

Same. It's too bad these government employees can't be held personally liable. Removing their immunity for violating children's rights would end this kind of BS instantly.

I honestly don't understand why he's been this patient. I would have filed a lawsuit immediately.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Having a 3 year old... I can see this coming.

I think I will tell my Son to go into school and say the word "gun" every day! Screw them, let them suspend him every day! It will not hurt much in Elementary school and I will teach him what he misses. When they get over that, maybe I will eat some pop tarts into gun shapes and send him to school with that! Maybe we can get him expelled for having an Assault long gun pop tart!

railbird

Mar 13, 2013
    Harford County
    Since when does a school bus driver have the right to detain someone? I could understand detaining somebody violent or out of control but this was way over the limit. I'd be suing for more than just the suspension were I the parents.

When did Calvert County join yuppie land?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I had a situation a few years ago where another kid's parents call my son's school and accused my son of something(very minor and IMO could have been resolved if they walked across the street and knocked on my door). The vice principle brought both my son and the other boy together and questioned them. My son admitted to what he was accused of, but did not speak up and tell the VP that the other boy was also guilty.

What got me was that the VP spoke to the other parents, spoke to my child and never consulted with me about the situation before grilling my kid. When the VP said the situation was now resolved and both kids were advised what the consequences would be if this ever happened again, I disagreed. I told him that he gave the other parents an audience and now it was my turn.

I went up to the school and sat down with my son and the VP. I corrected my son right there in front of the VP and then turned to the VP and told him that if he ever passed judgement on my kids on just the word of another parent and did not involve me, the board of ed would hear from me and I would be back at his desk. He looked at me like I was out of my mind, but my son has had a trouble free 3 years since.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    This just in...

No more use of gunny sacks, no rifling through lockers, shooting a look, or firing off an email will be permitted.

Gathering ammunition for debate class will not be allowed, nor will setting sights on a higher grade.

Scoping out a cute girl is forbidden, and the football team will no longer have the shotgun formation in the playbook.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    This just in...

No more use of gunny sacks, no rifling through lockers, shooting a look, or firing off an email will be permitted.

Gathering ammunition for debate class will not be allowed, nor will setting sights on a higher grade.

Scoping out a cute girl is forbidden, and the football team will no longer have the shotgun formation in the playbook.

:lol:

I suppose you aim to please? :lol2:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    The schools 'might' be able to get away with that in MoCo and PGCo, but 'Culvert County', home of Louis Goldstein ... NEVER.

Incrmentalism takes on many shapes and forms ...

In this case, the bus driver with little common sense and less understanding of rights, even those extended to an 11yo, decided that he would prevent a non-existent situation. Compounded by the fact that after he reported same, the Sheriff and County BoE called in the 'uh-oh squad' and it snowballed from there. Sensitivities regarding Sandy Hook were being played-up by Owe'Malley and the media, and that caused them to lose all perspective while hysteria reigned.

:omg:

SUE THE BASTARDS so they use their heads (and the law) next time. It's the ONLY way they will learn. No Pain, No Gain :mad54:

Well put. I agree sue their asses til they bleed.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Down here, during hunting season, every one of the kids in school talk about guns.
    Do they have a 'tractor day' where the kids bring in their farm tractors and put them on display for the other students to look at? (Now living in South Western Vah gin eh ya, where the local high school has such an event. Had to disappoint my daughter and tell her that I'm not buying her a tractor)

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Do they have a 'tractor day' where the kids bring in their farm tractors and put them on display for the other students to look at? (Now living in South Western Vah gin eh ya, where the local high school has such an event. Had to disappoint my daughter and tell her that I'm not buying her a tractor)

Not at my daughter's school, but at some of the others they do....FFA and 4H are still a big part of the community here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom