• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Well, it's a depressing, rainy, Monday morning. And I thought everyone could use a little cheering up. I found this professional promotional video of women ASP (Association of Surfing Professionals) members training, practicing, and playing in Hawaii; prior to an event. Soundtrack is awesome, and integrates great with the stunning visuals. I watched this video 10 times when I found it. lol So turn the sound up, sit back, and enjoy.

You're welcome! :D

Link below:

http://www.viddler.com/v/712c922b

P.S. I hope the Mods don't mind, but since there's nothing offensive in the video; I posted it in Rifles instead of the Water Cooler so everyone could watch it. In any case, here's a gratuitous pic of girls on the beach with rifles, just to CMA. ;)

guns_41.jpg

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    MMMmmmm.... not a care in the World.

Reminds me of Owen Wilson's line from the remake of "Starsky and Hutch".

"Have you ladies met?"

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Wow, just...wow. Whats the name of the music?

I couldn't find the exact song anywhere, and I think it was compiled especially for this video. btw The video formating is unusual. I tried to record the vid to both save it, and strip out the audio track; and had issues. Both my current version of RealPlayer and my (older) version of Windows Media Player couldn't handle the video. I looked everywhere for the proper codec and came up empty. Luckily DivX Player recorded and played the video just fine.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Some remix of Flo Rida's "Sometimes, I got a good feeling"

... too bad we have no waves on the Bay and the water reminds your more of a toilet than a tropical retreat .... already went through some chocolate milk coming down the bay in such quantaty that it spilled into the Chester River on my way to Rock Hall .... discusting but they continue to increase the fees for boaters who all combined dumping every fluid they have on the boat raw into the bay could not cause such a murky mess ... nice to dream though ... discusting cleaning the scum line on the boat after a night at anchor ....

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County

... too bad we have no waves on the Bay and the water reminds your more of a toilet than a tropical retreat .... already went through some chocolate milk coming down the bay in such quantaty that it spilled into the Chester River on my way to Rock Hall .... discusting but they continue to increase the fees for boaters who all combined dumping every fluid they have on the boat raw into the bay could not cause such a murky mess ... nice to dream though ... discusting cleaning the scum line on the boat after a night at anchor ....

Yeah, the bay can get disgusting at times,especially if it doesn't rain for a while to flush out the crap. This vid makes me want to move to Hawaii, lol.

Oh, well, off to work. Have a good day all.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    There's a girl in the picture? All I could see was a pair of super rare FAMAS rifles.

OK erwos, YOU really need to watch the video. :D

I especially like the brunett at 1:17 playing the XBox Kinnect; she's also the one in the following clip, and the night scene at 2:28.
    OK, REALLY need to go now. lol Later all.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    At 00:37 is, I think, Bethany Hamilton, the girl who lost her left arm to a shark in 2004; a short time later she's swimming near the bottom, and you see her again near the end. She has all kinds of surfing awards. I remember that news story and thinking how gutsy she is, ain't gonna let it stop her. :thumbsup:

We love watching women in the water because of our genetic history. Our hominid ancestors spent eons living by the sea, trading apelike physical characteristics for those of cetaceans (virtually hairless, streamlining, subcutaneous fat, diving reflex, etc.). The females spent much more time in the water and got very comfortable there, which is why long-distance swimmers are usually women. Other physical changes were straightened head hair, prominent noses for diving, etc. Elaine Morgan's book The Descent of Woman goes into this really well. See also "aquatic ape theory".

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County

Ah...but there ARE waves in the bay...you just have to be creative, and know where to go. Not as popular up here, but if you're ever around Galveston....

I present to you: Tanker Surfing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE5Zdopnxrs

They even have charters!

http://tankersurfcharters.com/

If you ever happen to be down there, check them out! You can ride for miles (or when your legs give out!)

With Baltimore being a port, we have A LOT of heavy tankers coming in, all of which create wakes of different sizes. If you can find a good sandbar (and I know of a few), and if you can match the speed of the tanker/wake, you can literally surf that wake for miles.

Getting in that water, on the other hand...is another story!

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    At 00:37 is, I think, Bethany Hamilton, the girl who lost her left arm to a shark in 2004; a short time later she's swimming near the bottom, and you see her again near the end. She has all kinds of surfing awards. I remember that news story and thinking how gutsy she is, ain't gonna let it stop her. :thumbsup:

There were two different girls who lost their arms. Bethany, who lost hers up by the shoulder and another girl, who lost hers nearer the elbow.

I never realized there was another one! :shocking:

But you're right, these girls are inspirational!

Jamie

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I agree, I wouldn't go anywhere near the water again after losing a limb to a shark. Those girls not only continued to surf, they still compete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom