• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Surefire, who makes very high quality LED lights for weapon and hand held use. had a significant price increase scheduled for Feb 1, 2011. For unexplained reasons it has reportedly been postponed until April 1, 2011. If you are contemplating the purchase of a Surefire product, do it prior to April 1. From my reading on Candle Power Forums, the increase will be significant.

I don't want this to turn into a Surefire bashing thread or an argument over which light is best so please don't It is informational only.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    I can't imagine them raising the price of the X400 any further. That thing is already close to $500!

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Surefire, who makes very high quality LED lights for weapon and hand held use. had a significant price increase scheduled for Feb 1, 2011. For unexplained reasons it has reportedly been postponed until April 1, 2011. If you are contemplating the purchase of a Surefire product, do it prior to April 1. From my reading on Candle Power Forums, the increase will be significant.

I don't want this to turn into a Surefire bashing thread or an argument over which light is best so please don't It is informational only.

Damn. I love Surefire products. I'm not sure how much more I'd be willing to pay for them though. There are a lot of really good knock-offs, so I hope they're not shooting themselves in the foot with this.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I can't imagine them raising the price of the X400 any further. That thing is already close to $500!

I don't know if this increase affects all models. My dealer told me the price was going up Feb 1 so I bought an X300 at a very good price. Now apparently it's pushed back to April 1. I agree the X400 is almost out of most folks' budget especially since Insight and Streamlight make excellent products at a significantly lower price.

I have an Insight M6X Led light laser combo and it's perfectly fine for me. I think I paid 295.00 from Optics Planet. As much as I like Surefire and don't mind spending extra money on a superior product, the X400 was beyond my budget, especially for a non duty weapon.

So my current setup is the M6X on my G29SF and a Surefire X300 and Crimson Trace Laser Grips on my G30. Since I use both of these for carry, being able to remove the light and keep the laser on one weapon seemed like a better idea. Unfortunately Crimson Trace does not make a Laser Grip for the subcompact SF models (G29 and G30). When and if they do, I'll put separate lights and laser on that as well. A light laser combo seems ok for a strictly HD gun.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    They make good stuff, but I wish it was more affordable. I started using Eagle Tac lights because I just can't afford Surefire.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They make good stuff, but I wish it was more affordable. I started using Eagle Tac lights because I just can't afford Surefire.

I think they are more interested in Govt and Mil contracts. That's where the big profits are and I am guessing those kinds of organizations can justify the purchase price, even with an increase. For civilians like us, not so much

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I think they are more interested in Govt and Mil contracts. That's where the big profits are and I am guessing those kinds of organizations can justify the purchase price, even with an increase. For civilians like us, not so much

Gov & Mil contracts probably feature a huge discount, too. Surefire may jack up their nominal MSRPs to hold their profits against the discounts Gov & Mil contracts require...

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    ask any dealer and they'll tell you SF doesnt care unless you're ordering thousands of units. I placed an order for 60 X200's years back and they couldnt gurantee delivery within 3 months. I will say that SOB is tougher than nails and Ive broken Streamlights from only moderate usage.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    yeah i saw the email about the price increase on feb 1st. I was meaning to order a 6px pro from la police gear since they had a free shipping and free batteries deal going on with the light. forgot about it until the 1st but checked the website and it was actually cheaper than it should of been. It was 69 when it was normally 79. And the tactical was 79 which was normally 69. So i ordered the pro version, and the following day realized they switched the prices back to the correct ones but i still got it as 69. On all the other websites i have gone to though on the first the prices are reflecting the increase already where the pro is anywhere form 102-115.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    well just checked midwayusa and with my dealer discount its back down to 70.99 when i checked last monday it was 102.

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    I switched to 4sevens lights because they are so much cheaper and rock steady. This way If I lose one, I am out 50-60 instead of 180. Surefire is going to have a tough time with the civilian crowd if they raise prices much. I will be ordering an X400 though because I already bought a holster specifically made for my gun with the X400 mounted.

Archangel

Jul 19, 2005
    Surefire has been making inroads with the civilian market lately, showing up in places like Bass Pro and Lowes. But they're going to need to do more than that, IMHO. Their brand new product line is still 5 to 10 years behind companies like 4Sevens and Fenix in terms of LED tech, and at 2x the price or more.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Why would they increase prices? They are easily the highest priced lights I have seen. Yes I have a few and yes they are awesome, but I don't know how I could pay MORE than what I have for them already. Once the price increase happens, will they be worth it? I dunno.

-Z

Nixon

Jun 28, 2010
    I have a 6px pro and I want to know are the $150-$200 flashlights they make really 3 times better in terms of quality?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Cost is an objective thing.

Value is subjective. If you think it's worth it, you buy it. If not, there are cheaper alternatives that can be satisfactory to you.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Surefire stuff is the best out there. It's your call. I have an X300 as an FYI.

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom