• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Of course he wants it on a nationwide level. If there was no gerrymandering, Republicans would have only a small majority in the house. Instead of the almost unsurmountable one they hold now.

Republicans really had a brilliant strategy in 2010 when they took over some key legislatures and controlled the redistricting process.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    In my humble opinion, gerrymandering should be illegal, regardless of the party in power. But there's the rub...if the Dems are in power, they love gerrymandering...if the Reps are in power they love gerrymandering. As for the public, if it is your party doing the redrawing of districts for their own advantage, it is a great idea, otherwise, not so much. Both parties practice the evil art of gerrymandering to try to ensure that their own particular party remains in power, but it is funny that Republicans never complain when it is their guys doing it, nor do the Democrats complain when it is their guys playing with the lines. Same with the issue of Congressional obstruction and those famous EOs from the president. On this forum, it is always bad when the Democrats do it, but when the Republican do it, it is righteous!

There is so much hypocrisy on this forum (not you swinokur, but just a general observation) that I just shake my head and normally move on.

But back to the whole gerrymandering thing, I believe it needs to be outlawed and when districts need to be redrawn due to population changes, it should be done by a completely non-partisan entity. Sadly, that will never happen since both parties love the status quo - at least until they are no longer in power.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

There are TWO types of 'gerrymandering', one instituted by DemocRATs, OWE'Malley's kind, and one instituted by Replublican's ... rarely, resulting in much less of a resemblance to a broken-winged pterodactyl.

OWE'Malley is feigning favoring elimination of gerrymandering only because ...
    Attorneys challenging Maryland’s voting map as unconstitutional are now trying to learn more about O’Malley’s intentions during the state’s 2010 redistricting. Last week, they subpoenaed him to testify as part of a lawsuit challenging the state’s congressional districts.
    After all, he's a nobody now and can't claim legislative privilege like his partners in crime ...

U.S. judge: Miller, Busch must testify, turn over documents in redistricting case

Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. (D-Calvert) and House Speaker Michael E. Busch (D-Anne Arundel) have fought efforts to examine their intentions during the redistricting process, claiming that “legislative privilege” protects them from records requests and litigation related to internal deliberations.

Makes you question whether the current anti-2A bills along with Frosh's Trump lawsuit just might be smokescreens to distract from their corrupt asses.

Last edited:

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    So are the heading it from someone from the office of government ethics to make this kosher?

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    There are TWO types of 'gerrymandering', one instituted by DemocRATs, OWE'Malley's kind, and one instituted by Replublican's ... rarely, resulting in much less of a resemblance to a broken-winged pterodactyl.

OWE'Malley is feigning favoring elimination of gerrymandering only because ...After all, he's a nobody now and can't claim legislative privilege like his partners in crime ...

U.S. judge: Miller, Busch must testify, turn over documents in redistricting case

Makes you question whether the current anti-2A bills along with Frosh's Trump lawsuit just might be smokescreens to distract from their corrupt asses.

are their asses being held to the flame or is this just smoke and mirrors?

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    “As a governor, I held that redistricting pen in my own Democratic hand,” he said. “I was convinced that we should use our political power to pass a map that was more favorable for the election of Democratic candidates.”

Too bad this glimmer of self reflection is only apparent for pushing another agenda and not being a qualified leader....

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Of course he wants it on a nationwide level. If there was no gerrymandering, Republicans would have only a small majority in the house. Instead of the almost unsurmountable one they hold now.

Republicans really had a brilliant strategy in 2010 when they took over some key legislatures and controlled the redistricting process.

But here is the thing, with gerrymandering, it also means states like Maryland that are liberal are far more liberal. Without it, Sure dems might just about have the house or hell, they might even have it and republicans would control fewer state assemblies.

But you know what, it would make things a lot more moderate. Dems would actually have to start listening to their republican consitituents and republican politicians to their dem constituents.

I don't see how that is a bad things.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

OWE'Malley is feigning favoring elimination of gerrymandering only because ...After all, he's a nobody now and can't claim legislative privilege like his partners in crime ...

You know, I had that thought as well. But I think it will backfire on them since the DoJ is being purged, with the Trump lawsuit being the spark that sets their asses on fire when Trump defunds all their Federal pork (no mo earmarks, remember?).

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    In my humble opinion, gerrymandering should be illegal, regardless of the party in power. But there's the rub...if the Dems are in power, they love gerrymandering...if the Reps are in power they love gerrymandering. As for the public, if it is your party doing the redrawing of districts for their own advantage, it is a great idea, otherwise, not so much. Both parties practice the evil art of gerrymandering to try to ensure that their own particular party remains in power, but it is funny that Republicans never complain when it is their guys doing it, nor do the Democrats complain when it is their guys playing with the lines. Same with the issue of Congressional obstruction and those famous EOs from the president. On this forum, it is always bad when the Democrats do it, but when the Republican do it, it is righteous!

There is so much hypocrisy on this forum (not you swinokur, but just a general observation) that I just shake my head and normally move on.

But back to the whole gerrymandering thing, I believe it needs to be outlawed and when districts need to be redrawn due to population changes, it should be done by a completely non-partisan entity. Sadly, that will never happen since both parties love the status quo - at least until they are no longer in power.

um..... Gerrymandering only works because voters register with their name and home address. The entire process assumes that people correctly represent their party affiliation

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I think we will see gerrymandering go away about the same time we see term limits imposed. It isn't going to happen. The people in power like being in power and they are going to do everything they can to stay there.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

What? You mean people support things that are in their own personal, best interest and oppose those that are not? I am shocked, I tell you, shocked!

Jul 23, 2013
    Here's Maryland's 4th Congressional...Nothing going on here, nothing at all to see. It's all your imagination.:innocent0

MD-4-District-Map.jpg

Feb 28, 2013
    Who the hell is the moron that came up with the bright idear of putttin' Arnold in the same district as Forest Heights??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom