• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Almost finished my supressed RRA 9mm SBR. Special thanks to Jeepdriver who labored for over hour and broke 2 wrenches removing the old rail and barrel - which appears to have had some loctite on it.

RRA9mmSBR.jpg

RRA 9mm SBR lower
    TROS 5" 3 lug barrel / RRA upper
    Gemtech Trinity
    Daniel Defense 7.0 Rail (really had no choice in buying this :D )
    Magpul CTR
    Tango Down VFG
    HK style diopter sights

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    How quiet is it shooting standard (supersonic) ammo? It's something I was thinking about doing, but I don't reload, so obtaining subsonic ammo would be difficult.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    That was the most labor intensive FF I've ever removed & installed. What ever Rock River did to that rail was insane! That barrel nut just didn't want to play well!

It's going to be one hell of a sweet shooter when done! The suppressed 9mm AR is money well spent after all is said and done!

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    NICE lookin' piece!!!

approx. how much would that run to replicate? you've got me thinking seriously...

Thanks...I don't want to add it up...but I bet its around $3K including stamps and misc fees and the original rifle. I have replaced almost everything from they way it was when purchased. I feel a little sick now.

This is one if I built it from the ground up I could have possibly saved some money, rather than buying a complete rifle and replacing everything. It dosen't seem so bad buying parts over 1 1/2 years, but it adds up the same. You just don't feel it all at once.

How quiet is it shooting standard (supersonic) ammo? It's something I was thinking about doing, but I don't reload, so obtaining subsonic ammo would be difficult.

There is a noticable difference between 115gr and 147gr ammo. It's not super quiet, but it's hearing safe with the loudest sound being the bullet hitting the backstop.

I haven't shot it yet on the AR, but the supressor was OK on my G17. I'll find out soon, I had to order a special mount for the 3 lug barrel.

You can find 147gr 9mm pretty easily. I have a couple of boxes of 158 gr too.

That was the most labor intensive FF I've ever removed & installed. What ever Rock River did to that rail was insane! That barrel nut just didn't want to play well!

It's going to be one hell of a sweet shooter when done! The suppressed 9mm AR is money well spent after all is said and done!

Thanks again...didn't mean for you to break a sweat. I'll post a pic of the barrel nut.

im curious where you got the suppressor.

Continental Arms is correct. See Jeepdriver if you go there...he knows all.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Almost finished my supressed RRA 9mm SBR. Special thanks to Jeepdriver who labored for over hour and broke 2 wrenches removing the old rail and barrel - which appears to have had some loctite on it.

RRA9mmSBR.jpg

RRA 9mm SBR lower
    Gemtech Trinity
    Magpul CTR
    Tango Down VFG
    HK style diopter sights

Nice!:thumbsup:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Very nice, I'm building up my own 9mm SBR (just waiting for the Form1 now, lower's ready to go) but I'm going the plain jane route:
    10.5" barrel
    M4 guards
    A2 front sight
    LMT BUIS
    VM Hytech block (I've got an Uzi, so I dont want to cut my mags)
    Havent decided on the can yet, but I'm 95% sure it'll be an SWR Trident, that'll be an October/November purchase.

I just cant believe the MSRP on the HK-style sights...

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    NICE!

Dammit, just got the paperwork started on my SBR .22 project. By the time I get it all back I'll be gone for Boot/AIT. I want it now dammit!

My plan:

DPMS lower
    DPMS LPK
    Spikes Tactical SBR .22 upper (5" barrel, Carbine rail)
    CAR stock
    RRA Dominator rear sight
    Undecided front sight (Probably A2 rail mounted)
    TAC65 suppressor

That thing is going to be a fun little blaster when I'm done.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD

RRA9mmSBR.jpg

RRA 9mm SBR lower
    Gemtech Trinity
    Magpul CTR
    Tango Down VFG
    HK style diopter sights

How quiet is this?

I am thinking of building a similar unit.

Dave

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE

'Subsonic' ammo is as easy as buying Winchester 147 grain. It's not .22lr quiet, but pretty darn quiet out of a 9mm SBR.
    115 grain ammo can be shot through the can, but you will hear the supersonic 'crack' as the bullet travels downrange.

Both rounds are fun to shoot. :)
    Mine also uses un-modified Uzi mags so I can share them between the AR and the Uzi.

web.jpg

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    How quiet is this?

I am thinking of building a similar unit.

Dave

Dave, were you around at the end of the shoot on Sunday when I shot Gemtech's 9mm AR? It was right around the time I shot the LWRC m16. It was quiet, but jammed up a couple of times. I think the quietest 9mm AR at the shoot was Rsideouts. He gave me the specs if you need them. Boatbod also had a 9mm AR, but his was not an SBR. It was a SRT dedicated upper. His sounded pretty good too. I have Colt 6450 9mm that I'm thinking of converting like this.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Dave, were you around at the end of the shoot on Sunday when I shot Gemtech's 9mm AR? It was right around the time I shot the LWRC m16. It was quiet, but jammed up a couple of times. I think the quietest 9mm AR at the shoot was Rsideouts. He gave me the specs if you need them. Boatbod also had a 9mm AR, but his was not an SBR. It was a SRT dedicated upper. His sounded pretty good too. I have Colt 6450 9mm that I'm thinking of converting like this.

Yeah I was there. rsideout let me shoot his rig. He had a hard time prying it out of my hands when I was done.

His can covers the whole barrel. It, I believe, does not attach to the end like others.

I am looking for either a complete rig or just the 9mm SBR upper to build off of. I have a couple of stripped lowers laying around I can build off of.

Dave

<Mach1

Past the Vanishing Point
    Mar 3, 2008
    Not being knowledgeable in AR's but having developed a recent interest (damn you rsideout) are there any good ported barrels available that will take a factory spec HK SD can for a flush/near receiver fit integral build?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom