• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Opening paragraph of NYC's brief has leaked:

"El Paso. Dayton. BAN GUNS NOW!"

I thought that they were going to make the point that if it was against the law to transport a gun they couldn't have taken guns to those crowded places and killed all those people.:sarcasm:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Isn't it extremely coincidental, a case comes before the court and mass shootings occur?

This is starting to be a pattern...

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Business day? I thought I read they had til midnight to electronically file it.

The rule is "An electronic version of the document shall also be transmitted to all other parties at the time of fling or reasonably contemporaneous therewith"

Given that 40+ copies need to be printed and bound in time for delivery, it usually means business day most likely mid to late afternoon.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Isn't it extremely coincidental, a case comes before the court and mass shootings occur?

This is starting to be a pattern...

It is...and a lot of people seem to have noticed that there is always an incident just when it's needed to screw us over.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    its after 5...

Meanwhile somewhere in NYC...

37bfq9.jpg

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Consequently, we renew below our argument that this litigation is moot. But we also recognize that the Court may simply desire full briefing to ensure it has a full array of options. We therefore also offer a defense of the City’s former rule, in the spirit of something a Court-appointed amicus curiae might do. But to avoid any possibility of confusion, we stress that the City’s true position is that it has no view at all regarding the constitutional questions presented; as far as the City is concerned, petitioners are entirely free to engage in all of the conduct they have requested in this lawsuit.

:sad20:

Seems like they spent half their brief on "its moot" again.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    on top of that they submitted a 43 page supplemental appendix (word salad)that i think that the court will look at as if "you made me read all this ******** ?? are you trying to piss us off REALLY ?

It's worse, the appendix has nothing to do with transport, it's old ordinances addressing discharging firearms within city limits... :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom