Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    I’ve been checking the 4CA website for some time like most of us. I noticed a few days ago, the anti 2A judge on the Bianchi case authored a decision for a case that was argued in 2021. It could be she’s lazy as well.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I get that it takes time, but SCOTUS made this easy.

SCOTUS made it * simple * . In turn , that makes it hard and time consuming for lower courts that makes it hard and time consuming to craft rulings as anti gun as they can , while maintaining a minimal fig leaf of sort of not totally ignoring SCOTUS .

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Massachusetts just declared their AR ban and 10 round magazine limits as constitutional under Bruen. I’m wondering if they were waiting for another court to make that decision so they can cite that?

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Massachusetts just declared their AR ban and 10 round magazine limits as constitutional under Bruen. I’m wondering if they were waiting for another court to make that decision so they can cite that?
    Different jurisdiction. That has no bearing on the MD case.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    While 4CA may not cite it, they are likely to borrow from whatever weak minded "logic" was used by MA court.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    The National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR) requested a preliminary injunction against the law, which would have prevented its enforcement during the legal challenge.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I’ve been checking the 4CA website for some time like most of us. I noticed a few days ago, the anti 2A judge on the Bianchi case authored a decision for a case that was argued in 2021. It could be she’s lazy as well.
    This is actually a good data point. If the judge typically takes forever to issue opinions, this one certainly wouldn't be any different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom